Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QC - QTP version control (script is getting lost)

I'm using QC-QTP version 10.0 with version control. My problem started when admin-1 checked out "script-1" from QTP and admin-2 cancelled that check-out from QC. After that when anyone tries to check out script-1, QTP displays the "Check Out" pop window and the version number will be "1" (even if the version number should be 70). When the user clicks on "OK" on Checkout screen, QTP says "Script-1 no longer exists". And the script disapears 'for that user' from QC and QTP. But everyone else can see the script in QC and QTP. IF an admin cancels that user's checkout, then script is visible again. But then anybody tries to checkout the script, its lost again.

I made a copy of script-1 and started to use the copy "Script-2", but eventually the issue happened for Script-2 as well. I don't want to make more copies but resolve this issue. I couldn't find a clue online, can any one help me out?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So does the problem eventuate only if an admin user (not the person who checked out a script) cancels the checkout?

Sounds like a defect in QC. Have you reported it to HP?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Trincy

I would Webex the issue and log with HP.

I have loads of strange 'features' with Version Control and BPT's which is really quite annoying.

Thanks
Martin
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.