Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

QC on Citrix

Would like to know if there are any settings in Citrix ,we are facing issue where each user profile in Citrix enviornment needs to be given (a) admin rights to be able to install and register QC client files .To give each user admin rights is against policies. (b) If there can be shared location for QC files , rather than writing into each user profile in location <drive>:\Documents and Settings\<profile>\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\ALM-Client .

0 Likes
7 Replies
Commander
Commander

Hi

Which version of QC ?

On version 11 you have to generate your own msi file - using the msi generator from the add-ins page.

The msi generator has an option to create a shared directory - specifically for Citrix

Thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I had the same problem with QC11.  We have Installed msi fie in Shared Depolyment mode on citrix server and it worked fine.

Below are the instructions from HP. We have followed and it worked.

Installation Instructions:

Log on to the machine as a local user or a domain user with administrator privileges. Ensure that you have the file system permissions listed below.

Click Install Shared Deployment for HP ALM Client.

Install the add-in each time ALM Platform is upgraded.

Notes:

If ArgsEditor.dll fails to register during the add-in download, you must reinstall Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable. For more information, see HP Software Self-solve knowledge base article KM523641.

To register components on the client machine run the HP ALM Client Registration add-in.

Required Permissions:

For normal users, could you configure the Citrix client to use a temporal folder that users can access without restrictions?

Please check if normal users have permissions on these folders:

•              Full read and write permissions on the HP\ALM-Platform deployment folder. This is located at:

Windows Vista and Windows 7: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

•              Full read and write permissions to the Temp (%TEMP% or %TMP%) directory. The installer program writes installation and log files to this directory.

This is generally located at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks for suggestions ,have generated .msi with Shared Deployment mode .

Will check with Citrix Admin for installations .

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

<NOT ONLY For Citrix, also for remote client installation >

The default MSI you can download from your QC11 (ALM) Server (called ALM-Platform-Loader.msi) lack of important settings when you plan to install your client via an installation routine (e.g. SCCM from Windows):

- The target folder MUST be C:\Windows\Program Files (define it via the property APPDIR)

- The installed ALM-Platform-Loader.11.OCX must be registered afterwards

Download the MSI from: http://<your server URL>/qcbin/ALM-Platform-Loader.msi

Your installation Script can look like:

msiexec.exe /i vcredist.msi /passive /norestart /l*+ install.log

msiexec.exe /i ALM-Platform-Loader.msi /passive /norestart /l*+ install.log APPDIR="C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\"
regsvr32 /s "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\ALM-Platform-Loader.11.ocx"

Your UN-installation Script can look like:

Program Files\" regsvr32 /s /u"C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\ALM-Platform-Loader.11.ocx"

msiexec.exe /x ALM-Platform-Loader.msi /passive /norestart /l*+ uninstall.log APPDIR="C:\Windows\Downloaded

msiexec.exe /x vcredist.msi /passive /norestart /l*+ uninstall.log

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did this solve your issue?  I am trying to install on citrix using MSI generator.  Not having any luck.  Still installs in C:\users directory.    When running the msi generator, I did check the box   "Use Shared Deployment Mode".  

It did install files on C:\program files (x86)\HP\ HP ALM Client <server name>\   but each time we run HPQC, it still copies files to c:\users\  directory.    After running the MSI generator, is there more steps to do to complete te installation?

Using the Client MSI Generator version 1.00 for HP ALM 11

Thanks for any help you can provide

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I am facing same issue as Jeff pointed out above. can someone help please.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm sorry to open again this post, but I face the same problem that faced the user above. I gnerated the MSI file, I installed it on my machine... Then I actually don't know what to do. Not that the documentation was helpful to understand what to do when you have installed your MSI file

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.