Commander Commander
Commander

QC v11: MS Excel Cannot Be Found error

Hi All:

One of our end-users is trying to generate an Excel report in QC v11.  When he clicks the "Generate" button, he gets an error "Microsoft Excel Cannot Be Found".  This is a local issue related to his laptop as I can run the same reports in the same project on my PC.

So far searching Google and the HP KB has revealed nothing helpful.  Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Brian

Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello,

Sometimes the Excel Report funtionality does not respond correctly if the Excel Add in was not installed on the local computer, do you know if that user has that add in install? if not try to dowload it from the Tools link provided at the ALM start page.

Also, check out what version of Excel is installed on his local computer. There are versions that are not compatible with certain ALM version. To double check that please log into this link: https://hpln.hp.com/page/alm-qc-enterprise-technical-specifications

Hope this helps,

0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Thanks for your reply!

The user does have the Excel add-in installed, and he has Office/Excel 2010 -- the same setup I have on my laptop too.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Brian,

Looks the setup is correct. It would be a problem with the MS Excel itself, you might want to run a repair on the OFFICE package in order to correct this. We have been able to solve this type of issues by doing a repair or reinstall of MS Excel.

Best regards,

0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Thanks for the additional tips.  We've verified the setup (Windows 7, SP1, 32-bit), and Office 2010 (32-bit).  The user has worked with our help desk to repair Excel, but no joy.  I've advised him to remove & reinstall Office/Excel, and will see how that goes. 

Appeciate your advice, this one has been a real head-scratcher...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.