Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QTP ActiveX add-in blocks IE6 in Windows 2003; QC can't run QTP script in W2003

QTP ActiveX add-in blocks IE6 in Windows 2003.

I've verified this problem with QTP 9.0, QTP 9.2 and QTP 9.5 in Windows 2003 R2/SP2 with a Windows 2003 administrator account. If QTP is started with ActiveX add-in to be loaded at start-up, it'll block IE6 (ie, new IE6 windows won't come up).

But if I shut down QTP, IE6 can work again.

I've tried to disable all add-ins in IE6, but that doesn't resolve the problem.

Also, QC 9.2 won't be able to run QTP test script QTP.

When I try to run a QTP script in QC 9.2, the Runner will fail with error message "Unable to run the test".

The following events are very strange when I try to run a QTP script from QC:

I start QTP without ActiveX add-in loaded and then exit QTP. Then I try to run a QTP script from QC (this will fail as I detailed earlier). When I start QTP again, at the QTP start-up page I see ActiveX add-in checkbox is marked (meaning QC 9.2 tried to start QTP with ActiveX add-in to be loaded although the attempt failed apparently). Note that an administrator account is used when this problem happens.

Do you have the same problems? Does someone know how to fix these problems please?

Thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------------------
More information about QC unable to run QTP script is follows:

===========================================
Unable to run the test.
Error from QuickTest Professional: The Test set, {
test_set: \0000003D\Root\Service Pack 1\Cycle 1 - New Features\Mercury Tours Site,
testcycle_id: "747"
}, does not exist..
===========================================

I was trying to go through the QC tutorial and trying to run the QTP script "Number of Passengers" when the prolem of QC unable to run QTP happened.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Did you try the following "Quality Center Explorer Add-in":
http://updates.merc-int.com/qualitycenter/qc90/others/qcexplorer/index.html

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, John.

I just tried to download and run QC Explorer. But I still got the same problem as before - Can't run QTP script from QC.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a Similar problem, but with a VB application.

When QTP is launched with the ActiveX Add in, my application don't start, but if the Add in is not charged with QTP, the application works fine.

any idea? thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In QTP, go to Tools -->Options-->Run
and Check "Allow other HP products to run tests and components".

This should allow you to run QTP apps from QC.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.