New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QUESTION: TestCases from Excel to Quality Center?

Dear QC Community: 

My company recently purchased Quality Center.  Before the purchase, our team spent hours writing test cases in Excel. 

Can test cases be uploaded from Excel into Quality Center?  It would help us to save a great deal of time. 

All feedback would be appreciated.

24 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, the problem is in the step 5 of 8. I don't know how i resolve either. And the regression to excel 2007 is not a hypotheses. someone of HP Help please.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, again. 🙂

I solved the problem running with Excel Compatibility view (right mouse, properties, compatibility, run as Windows XP - service pack 3).

So the step 5 is outdated and it is possible to export the contents to the Quality Center.

BR

Paulo Matos

Wintrust

(Portugal)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

If you're stuck on Step 5 then it generally means you don't have a TDAddin folder set up in the same directory as your TDAddin.xla file.

Literally you just need to find this file and set up a New folder in the same directory and call it TDAddin.

Then try again

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

We don't use this much here but knowing that I am sure someone will try.  So I gave it a shot.  Preface this with I am a local admin so installing the add-in from the Add Ins page was not an issue.

I exported existing design steps to Excel using the .xls extension.

I opened the file with Excel 2010

Got a warning about the file type and chose 'Yes' to open anyway

added columns for required fields

launched the import tool from the add-in tab on the ribbon

did all steps as required to export

export was successful!

Verified in QC Test Plan.

So maybe the key is to use the xls extension instead of the xlxs?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi I am using Excel 10.0 and trying to upload testcases to Quality Center. But I am not able to see 'Export to qulity center option '  on Excel 10.0 . Is Excel 10.0 supports test case upload to Quality Center??

Shobhika

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

You can find the information on what versions are supported by going to the download page for the add-in.  This is the link for the Excel add-in if you use ALM QC v11.

http://update.external.hp.com/qualitycenter/qc110/msoffice/msexcel/index.html

And here's the link if you use QC v10

http://update.external.hp.com/qualitycenter/qc100/msoffice/msexcel/index.html

Excel 2010 is supported only with ALM QC v11.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

I am using QC 10.0 version.

I have tried to upload 3 requirements from Excel to QC. But only the last requirement get uploaded to QC. Not able to upload the first 2 requirements. Is it get over write?.

Please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks

Regards

Senthil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Can you provide a copy of your Excel sheet that contains the requirements?

Do you have a Path column in your data? For each requirement does it specify a complete path in the Requirements module that already exists? If the path doesn't already exist, it has to be created first. You can create it manually through the QC UI, or you can add lines to your Excel sheet to create each level of the path.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I searched my HPQC server and did not find a TDAddin.xla or a TDAddin folder. Is there a Addin parameter that is needed? Or should the TDAddin folder be on the local machine?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

@Mark

How is your question relevant to this topic?

Add-ins can be downloaded and installed by accessing your QC home page (typically using a URL like http://<server>:<port>/qcbin/) and then accessing the Add-ins page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi !!

just to make it easy for you toi understand I am sending you the screen shot --> where you can find all the Addin of QC -

Click on Add Ins Page > click on More HP ALM Addins > Click on Microsoft Excel Addin > Download the Addin...

Hope it is a bit clear for you now!! This path is same for QC9.2 and QC10.0!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you please help me in 7th step..I am not able to proceed from that. It is showing 50% progress while uploading the testcases after that getting struck.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.