Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Quality Center 9.2 error on selecting Test Cycle

A colleague was raising a defect against a project that has multiple releases and cycles.

Upon selection of the Cycle the following error text is displayed

"Failed to match the release to the cycle". (See Screenshot)

I have checked, and the release/cycle appear to be configure correctly. The defect is being raised indpendently of a test case, so does not pull through an assigned cycle. I have seen it before where the cycle being selected was not related to the cycle assigned in the test lab, but I don't think this theory applies here.

Does any one have any thoughts on the cause of this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The Testcases in the Test Lab should be sychronised with the Release Cycle in the Module Release.

Testset> Testcase > Right Click and Assign to Cycle  OR Reset the Testset

One mor ereason is to check in the Project Customization > Workflow of the Script > Open the Script >Check the Section Defect

Hopefully it helps!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I am receiving the same message when test user changes the Detected in cycle to a different cycle:

"Failed to match the release to the cycle"

I am on ALM 11.0.

I am opening an existing defect.

The defect is not linked to any test case.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Solved my own issue.

In case anyone else ever encounters the same issue:

I turned on the 'Detected in Release' checkbox on the Defects module (Project Customization) for users in my Testers group.
Even though the 'Detected in Release' field is not visible on the Defect screen, ALM still expects the permission to be on to be able to update the Detected in cycle on the Defect Details screen.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.