Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Quality Center Admin Shows more licenses than we have connections

QC 10 Build 10.0.0.2274

For the last week our Quality Center has been showing two more licenses in use than we have connections (see attached). As such only eight users can connect at once even though we have 10 licenses.

I have restarted the servers to no avail, plus it makes no difference if have OTA/testing tool connections or not (as you can see in the attached where we only have QC connections).

Any ideas???

0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hate to ask, but when did you last6 refresh the site connections?

I never trust what i originally see, and have the refresh set to auto.. It could well be that you have 10 connections, but because you haven't refreshed the veiw, it's not showing you all of them.

Of course, if you have refreshed it before taking the screengrab, then my apologies, and i'll have to think of something else for you..

🙂

Haroon.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It's not just a case of an old view...as we'd been seeing this problem for a little while, I asked everyone to log in after the server restart and we could only get eight users connected (out of our 10 licenses) before someone got  a "out of licenses" messages.  And that's when I took these screen shots.

It appears the problem might be solved by the latest patch (QC 10 patch 24) fix. Hopefully installing this today.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

If you restart your server, before anybody logs on does it show two connections in use on the License screen?

Do you have any background processes, like the Synchronizer, running that might be consuming a connection?

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes after a restart and before anyone logs in it shows two connections (see screen shots). 

There are two tables in qc_siteadmin_db schema, which log the License information – SESSION_LICENSE and SESSION_LICENSE_HISTORY.

What I would like you to do is stop the QC service, log in to the database end and see if there are any entries in those two tables. If so, please consult with your DBA on who you can delete them

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

....pressed "Post" by accident...

This was the advice from HP...

There are two tables in qc_siteadmin_db schema, which log the License information – SESSION_LICENSE and SESSION_LICENSE_HISTORY.

What I would like you to do is stop the QC service, log in to the database end and see if there are any entries in those two tables. If so, please consult with your DBA on who you can delete them

I truncated these files, unfortunately, it made no difference.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

When you looked at the tables and (I assume) saw the two records indicating sessions in use, what user was associated with each record?  Did you track down those users to see if they have any processes set up on their own that are automatically connecting to QC?

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Appologies for the delayed reply...

If only life was that simple...unfortunately, no the tables had quite a few records 30+, even though no one was logged in at the time, they appear to show a history of activity rather than  simply who is currently logged in.

And when we restarted the servers (and before anyone connected) QC still showed two licenses in use and these two tables were still empty.

This issue is disappearing as we're now in the middle of migrating to ALM and changing from our own license server to one shared with otehr departments.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.