ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Referring to dlls from within post-processing

Fellow sufferers!

My HP ALM excel report needs to look up som data in JIRA, so I am using these DLLs:

Private JiraService As New MSXML2.XMLHTTP60

Private JiraAuth As New MSXML2.XMLHTTP60

Of course, I have set theese up in my References section in Excel.

This works well from within an Excel sheet on my PC, but when I try to do the same within postprocessing in HP ALM, then It fails.

The basic question is: how can I use dll's from within my postprocessing?

BW Peter B. Hansen

0 Likes
4 Replies
Commander
Commander

HP-ALM is a 32 Bit system and Jira a 64 Bit system. I think that is the underlying problem!!!

Just a wild guess!!!

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks for the answer, what can be done about it?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Peter,

What is the message you are receiving?

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

If the remark about 32-bit vs 64-bit is true, there is little you can do about it.

But my understanding is that your VBA code does work when it is in a workbook of your own and does not work when it is in the workbook created by ALM.

In that case, you have to define all variables related to the MSXML2 library as Object, instead of As MSXML2.xxxx. For the objects that you declare or set as New, you need to use the CreateObject function. You can remove the references to the DLLs and debug that in the workbook that you use for debugging purpose. I recommand that you keep your old declaration and set statements as comments for your code to be more understandable.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.