Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Req direct cover status issue

Hi All, 

We have requirements linked to Test scripts. Suppose Req_01 is linked to Test_A . We have Test_A in differents test sets in Test lab tested in different test cycles. Does the direct cover status of the requirements reflects based on the lastest execution status of the scripts ?? 

We have Test-A executed in 1 test set on March26 which is Passed and the same test in different test set executed on March23 which is Not completed...the direct cover status of the req is showing as Not completed instead of Passed. so How is the latest execution calculated is it based on Execution date/? ( The passed run I mentioned above is started on Macrh 22 but the last 3 steps are executed on March26th so is that the reason the req is showing as Notc ompleted /? 

Please explain 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Direct Coverage Status for a requirement is based on the Execution Status for the linked Tests in the Test Plan.

A Test Case Execution Status is based on

"The execution status of the last run of an instance of the test."

I would expect the Test Case Execution Status to reflect the execution status of the most recently executed Test Instance, based on the Execution Date/Time of the test instances. Without doing some experimentation I can't offer an opinion on you specific situation.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Vice Admiral

Does it consider execution date and time of the last stpe executed or the date when the run is started...suppose I start the run today and I will continue executing last few steps next monday which date will it consider today's date or next monday /? 

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

When you execute the first steps and save the Run, Execution status will change to Not completed with the current time stamp. If you continue the run at a later point in time, Execution status will be updated with the Run status and time stamp that are saved at that moment. 

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
Vice Admiral

so the direct cover status will also be updated accordingly ?? 

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes.

But of course that will depend if there are other tests linked to the requirement that have a status with higher precedence. So for example if the current run is Passed, the Execution Status will change to Passed, but Direct Cover Status might still be Failed if another test with that status is linked to the same requirement.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.