Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Requirements to Scope Item linkage - is there a table?

In ALM 11.5, I want to programatically work with the requirements associated with a scope item.  I see that there are linkage tables for scope items to milestones, reqs to requirements, etc. but I can't find a table that stores the linkage from the requirement to the scope item.  I am assuming that is how the information is stored.  Can someone help me out with this?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Scope Items link to Releases and Miestones links to the Releases table  as well (MS_RELEASE_ID =  RELEASES.REL_ID) ...  the QPM_KPI table joins both Scope Items and Milestones (KPI_OWNER_ID = QPM_MILESTONES.MS_ID) and ( KPI_DEFINITION_ID = QPM_KPI_TYPES.KPIT_ID )

Requirements link to target cycle which link to releases via Release_Cycles ....

ALM does calculations and store the results in the calculations table. Are you trying to calculate to show scope items and KPI calculations yourself?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

What my friend Sal really meant to say was that you can find requirements linked to a scope item in the db with the following query:

Select req.rq_req_id

from

td.req,

(select req.RQ_REQ_ID, req.RQ_REQ_PATH

from td.QPM_SCOPE_ITEM si, td.content_definitions cd, td.CONTENT_ROOTS cr, td.REQ

where si.SCI_ID = cd.COD_PARENT_ID

and cd.COD_PARENT_TYPE = 'QPM_SCOPE_ITEM'

and cd.COD_ID = cr.CRT_CONTENT_ID

and cr.CRT_ROOT_ENTITY_TYPE = 'REQ'

and cr.CRT_ROOT_ENTITY_ID = req.RQ_REQ_ID) si

where LEFT(req.RQ_REQ_PATH,LEN(si.rq_req_path)) = si.RQ_REQ_PATH

of course, you can build upon this to find other linkages such as tests and test sets, but this should get you started down the path to success...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.