New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Saving QTP resultsin QC?

I'm having difficulty saving my QTP results in QC. I have multiple scripts that run sequentially in QC and using the same data sheet. For e.g.: scrpit1 creates a new user and puts the result in my .xls. script2 uses the user id to create an order. script3 cancels the order.

When script1 runs, where can I find the result .xls? I see it in the Report folder but not until AFTER the script completes. Is there a way to get the updated .xls BEFORE my script ends so I can upload it for script2 to use?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Perhaps you could use:
DataTable.ExportSheet
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Tried that.

What's my data sheet path?

DataSheet.Export( "[QualityCenter] Subject\QTP_Change_Control\NYT\Data\test.xls" )

That doesn't work.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can not excport the sheet directly to Quality center. But what you can do is Export to network drive or local drive first and then use vb script to save to Quality center.

Set ObjCurrentTest = QCUtil.CurrentTest.Attachments
Set ObjAttch = ObjCurrentTest.AddItem(Null)
ObjAttch.FileName = FilePath
ObjAttch.Type = 1
ObjAttch.Post
ObjAttch.Refresh
There is no such problem without a solution, All you have to do is find the solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

you could export directly to QC but it would not be a simple task. Basically have to create a COM object and use the TDAPI.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I cannot get the file until the script is completely finished. The results folder on the QC server is not created until the script finishes. is there a temp. place were I can get the data sheet from so I grab it and upload it?

I've decided to point the scripts to a network drive to get the data sheet.

Thanks for your suggestions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you are using any datadriven framework then after certain no of iterations (as per your requirement) you can export the result into your local drive and after that export it to QC.

Thanks..
Arpan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.