Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Sending auto mail when you assign a defect to someone

Jump to solution

Hi,

After upgrade from 11.00 to 12.55, QC send automail from "TDuser@xx.com" and not from the current user.

I did not make any changes in my script:

dim sAssignedTo
   sAssignedTo = Bug_Fields("BG_RESPONSIBLE").Value

if Bug_Fields("BG_RESPONSIBLE").IsModified and sAssignedTo <> "" then
      on error resume next

oBug.Mail sAssignedTo, "", 0, "Defect" & " " & Bug_Fields("BG_BUG_ID").Value &" "  & "is assigned to you"
             DebugAssertEqual err.number, 0, "Bug_AfterPost forventede at denne bug " & Bug_Fields("BG_BUG_ID").Value & "' could be mailed to'" & sAssignedTo & "'"
      on error goto 0

end if

Is there anyone who can help?

Thank you

Nahid

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,

In the recent version of ALM, 12.55, certain functions had changes with respect to the 11.00 version of ALM, so, this probably had an impact in the Automail feature.

In addition, it must be taken into account that when configuring the SMTP feature for Automail in ALM, a user and a password were required to connect to the SMTP Server, also if an SMTP_ADMIN_MAIL was configured in the Site Configuration parameteres, ALM will take the SMTP_ADMIN_MAIL as the sender for the automail function. So with this, if you need to change the email address for the parameter by that email address that is required or desired as the sender, you will need to do it in the Site Configuration and edit or add SMTP_ADMIN_MAIL with the desired email address within the Site Configuration parameters.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi,

In the recent version of ALM, 12.55, certain functions had changes with respect to the 11.00 version of ALM, so, this probably had an impact in the Automail feature.

In addition, it must be taken into account that when configuring the SMTP feature for Automail in ALM, a user and a password were required to connect to the SMTP Server, also if an SMTP_ADMIN_MAIL was configured in the Site Configuration parameteres, ALM will take the SMTP_ADMIN_MAIL as the sender for the automail function. So with this, if you need to change the email address for the parameter by that email address that is required or desired as the sender, you will need to do it in the Site Configuration and edit or add SMTP_ADMIN_MAIL with the desired email address within the Site Configuration parameters.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi,

If you have access to Site Administration this is quite easily managed by using the DATACONST table. Here, you can customize the subject line of defect email sent automatically to users. It also enables you to change the email address in the email From field.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/alm/en/12.55/online_help/Content/Admin/cust_config_automail_defect_subject.htm

(Statements expressed here are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi,

Thank you very much,

I have removed the default e-mail from SMTP server and now QC sends email from the current user.

Regrads

Nahid

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi,

Thank you very much,

I have removed the default e-mail from SMTP server and now QC sends email from the current user.

Regrads

Nahid

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.