ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sprinter

Within Sprinter, there is the ability to record a movie or screen shots of steps as they are executed.  Where do the movies get stored (i.e. database, attachments) and do they take up a lot of space in the QC project?  I am trying to determine that if  this feature is utilized does it make the project's size grow quickly.  We tend to use our QC projects for many efforts throughout the year and due to sizing issues only attachments in the Defect module are allowed.  Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

There is the ablity to limit the size of movies that Sprinter uploads (it is done on the Sprinter tab under Project Customization on each project), which can keep the size issue maintainable.  Or you can set to not allow them as well to help. 

I would point out that with the new Smart Repository feature will show a marked decrease in overall project repository size as well, so you should see more room to grow on each project.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is Smart Repository available with QC 11 Enterprise version?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Yes, it is the new standard repository storage feature.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Brian do you know whats the typical file size for a movie. For example a 10 minute video with the full image quality? Thanks,
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.