New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

TDConnection Certificate Error

We're connecting QC system using TDConnection on Windows.

And we placed in our company private network with our company certificate.

The problem is happened after our company certificate is expired.

We installed renewal certificate following this link : https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ALM-QC-User-Discussions/HP-ALM-12-01-SSL-certificate-has-expired/td-p/940529

But still has a problem to connect QC system.

So here's the question:

Does QC system need to register our company certificate in their Trusted certificate?

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Where did you configure your SSL certificate? In ALM default Jetty or other web server like IIS?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

Hi Roddy, thanks for your reply.

It's a client side certificate.

We're using python + TDConnet to connect to ALM.
Whenever we try to access QC ALM using python+TDconnect, we got error which is "Error of client certificate".
We don't own ALM server.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It is still a bit confused to me.

Do you use this certification for login? Or the certificate is used for generating trust between client and server?

If first, then I suggest you contact Micro Focus support as per more logs are required.

If second, you may need to check whether you certificate is in the trust store which the python package uses.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

Roddy, thanks again.

I'm sorry that makes you confuse. 

I'm super-new to this, and I don't have any experience for this problem.

But thanks for your patience and support.

It's just my assumption, but I think it's the first which is error for login.

I'm not using browser and client program for login, but using TDConnect to establish connection between QC and our python scripts.

What I'm doing is contacting the QC site admin and looking for a solution.

If I resolve it, I will update that in here.

Thanks again Roddy,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

Hi Roddy,

I think I got one step further. 

I added our company certificate in personal trust store. So I'm not facing client certificate error anymore.

But the other problem is now happened.

When we try to connect server, we got the error message "server has been disconnected while performing getserversettings action".

Do you have any idea for it?

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Would you please register ALM client again to make sure this is not related to registration?
After that, if the error is still occured, could you please share your login code?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

I'm not sure what it means that "register ALM client", but the error is happened before I try to login with my ID and password.

I think code snapshot can be easy to describe.

This is python code on Windows:

class QC(object):
def __init__(self):
self._conn = Dispatch("TDApiOle80.TDConnection")
self._conn.InitConnectionEx(DT_URL) => Error is happened ! (URL cannot be wrong. I can access the site on chrome browser.)
self._conn.login(DT_ID, DT_PASSWORD)
self._conn.Connect("###", "###")
self._fields = self._conn.BugFactory.Fields
if not self._conn.Connected:
raise QCException("error: connect failed.")

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Try to check below things please:
1. Registration is a must. Go to qcbin -> Tools -> ALM Client Registration -> Register ALM
2. Use Dispatch("TDApiOle80.TDConnection.1") instead
3. Server url should be like "http(s)://{server}:{port}/qcbin
4. 32 bit Python is a must
Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

Dear Roddy,

thanks for your support.

I think we found out the way.

In QC system, qc system operation team turned off some ciphers when the first error is happened. 

And unfortunately, there are no cipher list on our system in remained cipher lists.

But chrome browser can support supported cipher on QC system, so that's why we can't access the QC site using IE.

So if someone have any similar problem for this, please check if you have proper cipher list on your operating system which are supported in QC site.

Thanks @Roddy 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.