Tagging of Test Cases for better search ability
In ALM, we have around 25k Test Cases. These Test Cases are segregated by different fields like Test Case Type, Corresponding Application, Initiatives etc.
Recently we have been getting complains from user that they need some mechanism through which they will be able to tag test cases so that they could easily search specific test cases.
Current implementation has all the required segregation so that user could able to find specific test cases but I need to know if there is any method through which I could tag Test Cases so that it has better search ability for Testers.
Any idea? Please let me know,
To keep track of my stuff, I use the following options:
- Pin Item
- Flag Item
Besides the obvious filters and auto emails. But yea, it's not a bad idea to have a "My Backlog" module, like in Octane.
Below image is from the demo project, just for illustration
Try this, if you haven't:
- Switch to the grid view of the test plan module
- Set filters to narrow down the search scope (reduce the number of cases from 25K to 1K for example)
- Use "subject" to filter the path of test case
- You can set several filters and save as a favorite
- Use keyword search pattern "*keyword*" in test name filed, you can even use * in between, such as "*search*condition*", you can directly change the keyword of test name in the grid header for quicker search
See attached files