Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Test Cases without requirements

Jump to solution
I need help to find out a way to create an Excel report from Quality Center 9.2

This Excel report should list all test cases with Status "Approved" that do not have any requirements associated
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
try this:
SELECT t.TS_TEST_ID, t.TS_NAME, r.RC_ENTITY_ID, r.RC_ENTITY_TYPE, r.RC_REQ_ID
FROM TEST t left join REQ_COVER r on T.TS_TEST_ID = r.RC_ENTITY_ID
where r.RC_ENTITY_ID is null

but you do not need the excel report. Just go to the Test Plan and choose the cross filter and set the filter to Requirements to "Filter tests with no requirements coverage"

If you want the sql select then see menu Help and documentation library and the HP Quality Center Database Reference manual.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
try this:
SELECT t.TS_TEST_ID, t.TS_NAME, r.RC_ENTITY_ID, r.RC_ENTITY_TYPE, r.RC_REQ_ID
FROM TEST t left join REQ_COVER r on T.TS_TEST_ID = r.RC_ENTITY_ID
where r.RC_ENTITY_ID is null

but you do not need the excel report. Just go to the Test Plan and choose the cross filter and set the filter to Requirements to "Filter tests with no requirements coverage"

If you want the sql select then see menu Help and documentation library and the HP Quality Center Database Reference manual.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..
Please try a query like that

SELECT TEST.TS_TEST_ID, TEST.TS_NAME , TEST.TS_STATUS
FROM TEST
where TEST.TS_STATUS='Approved' and TEST.TS_TEST_ID not in (
select REQ_COVER.RC_ENTITY_ID from REQ_COVER where REQ_COVER.RC_ENTITY_TYPE ='TEST')
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Excelent! I tried both queries and both worked fine. Able to get my test cases with no coverage.

I liked the answer that included to do it in the Test Plan with cross filter to Requirements. I didn't know that this feature was available in Quality Center.

This is a great experience, thanks for your help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

How to use the above query in a specific folder.

I have 4000 Test cases under one Folder "Release#1" I need to find link only under this folder. Please provide me a solution for this.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Regards

Siva 

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

you can enter test set name to get the test case with status

SELECT CF_ITEM_NAME AS "Test Set Folder",CY_CYCLE AS "Test Set",TS_NAME AS "Test Case", TS_EXEC_STATUS Status
FROM TEST, TESTCYCL, CYCLE, CYCL_FOLD
WHERE TC_TEST_ID = TS_TEST_ID
AND TC_CYCLE_ID = CY_CYCLE_ID
AND CY_FOLDER_ID = CF_ITEM_ID
and CY_CYCLE = 'Enter Test Set Name here'
ORDER BY TS_NAME

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

I am interested in the same..anyone can help? @Sivaramkrish 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.