New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Test Report

I am trying to create a report at the folder level that shows test sets that have passed.  I don't want the invidivdual runs.  For example I have a folder called SYSTEM TEST that has numerous subfolders.  I need a report that shows all the test sets that have passed contained inside the parent folder SYSTEM TEST.

I've queried various tables but don't know what to key off of.

Thanks!

Amy

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Hello,

You can try this alternative.While in test lab click on folder where you want to see underlying test set details.Go to Analysis--Reports--Couple of options were available

Also Graphs-->couple of options available to check summary or progress

If you are looking via query mode ,first you need to find folder ID in backend and then query against it.

SELECT
CF_ITEM_NAME as "Test Lab Folder Name",
CF_ITEM_PATH as "Folder path",
CF_ITEM_ID as "Folder ID"
FROM CYCL_FOLD
order by CF_ITEM_PATH

Based on this you will need to build your query to run against either folder id or path

Regards,

Venkat

Venkat
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you; I have been able to identify the folder etc.  My issue is that I am not sure how to join the test run to the folder;  Problem is that we have users who created multiple tests for login, logout etc.  When I report, each login as an example is being counted as a test not run.  I want to count the number of test sets that have run/passed/failed etc. so basically I'm moving up one level not reporting on the test runs but the completed test sets.  What do I join the CYCL_FOLD table to in order to accomplish this? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Check if this can help you

select cf_item_name as FOLDERS,

/*Total test case count in each folder*/
(select COUNT(tc.tc_test_id) as testcasecount from cycl_fold cf , cycle cy , Testcycl tc
where cf.cf_item_id='8778' and cf.cf_item_id = cy.cy_folder_id and cy.cy_cycle_id = tc.tc_cycle_id
) as Testcasecount,

/*Total pass count in each folder*/
(select count(tc.tc_status) from testcycl tc,TEST t,cycl_fold cf,cycle c
where tc.tc_status='PASSED' and t.ts_test_id=tc.tc_test_id and tc.tc_cycle_id=c.cy_cycle_id and c.cy_folder_id =cf.cf_item_id and cf.cf_father_id in ('8777','8784','8785')) as Passcount,

/*Total Fail case count in each folder*/
where tc.tc_status='FAILED' and t.ts_test_id=tc.tc_test_id and tc.tc_cycle_id=c.cy_cycle_id and c.cy_folder_id =cf.cf_item_id and cf.cf_father_id in ('8777','8784','8785')) as FailCount,

/*Total No-Run case count in each folder*/
where tc.tc_status='NO RUN' and t.ts_test_id=tc.tc_test_id and tc.tc_cycle_id=c.cy_cycle_id and c.cy_folder_id =cf.cf_item_id and cf.cf_father_id in ('8777','8784','8785')) as NoRunCount

from  testcycl tc,TEST t,cycl_fold cf,cycle c
where
t.ts_test_id=tc.tc_test_id and
tc.tc_cycle_id=c.cy_cycle_id and
c.cy_folder_id =cf.cf_item_id and
cf.cf_father_id in ('8777','8784','8785')

group by cf.cf_item_name
order by cf.cf_item_name

Venkat
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.