Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Test planning best practice?

Jump to solution

We are working agile, meaning we have releases and cycles (= sprints). We are also working with requirements. Our tests in the Test Plan module all cover one or more reqs.

What then is the best practice to plan the tests that will be run on the sprints? Lets say, I have a small regression suite that will be run on every sprint, do I need to make a copy of it, for each sprint - since I cannot assign a test set folder to more than one cycle? Also, how can I easily check how many of the tests covering the total reqs assigned to a sprint, are actually assigned via a test set to the sprint?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, you should make a copy of the Test Lab regression test folder structure for each sprint.

And I guess the best way of finding which Tests are both associated with Requirements that belong to a certain Cycle and have been used in Test Lab in folders associated with the same Cycle, is to create a double cross filter from Test Plan module - one toward Requirements, one toward Test Lab, and both filtered on the same Cycle.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, you should make a copy of the Test Lab regression test folder structure for each sprint.

And I guess the best way of finding which Tests are both associated with Requirements that belong to a certain Cycle and have been used in Test Lab in folders associated with the same Cycle, is to create a double cross filter from Test Plan module - one toward Requirements, one toward Test Lab, and both filtered on the same Cycle.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.