I strongly recommend to look at the upgrade best practices available from the product and in the support site.
For your connivance here are also links to a video about it:
Hope it helps,
First cover the installation check list (information that you must supply during the installation process.)
- Installation Machine: Operating system version, CPU type, free disk space, free memory.
- Setup Paths: Installation path, Deployment path (you must have full permissions on the installation and deployment directories).
- License Key: license file, maintenance key.
- Cluster: Is clustering used, Cluster hosts
Install ALM Platform (2 stages)
- File delivery; Install ALM Platform files on the server.
- Server configuration. Define server configurations.
You can install ALM Platform on one of the following systems: Windows,
Solaris, Linux, or HP-UX.
If you are using JBoss, ALM Platform is automatically deployed on your
Application Server. If you are using a WebLogic or WebSphere application
server, you must deploy ALM Platform manually.
To use ALM Platform on a JBoss application server with an Apache Web
Server, you need to configure the Apache Web server to redirect requests
For Upgrade Projects
Please specify from which version you which to upgrade.
We are planning to migrate from QC 9.2 to QC 11 Enterprise Edition
i have the following checklist for migration activity
Send Maintenance Notification Prepare QC 9.2 sample projects data checklist to be compared against QC 11 Uninstallation of QTP 9.2 Concurrent Server Installation of QTP 11 Concurrent Server Running the QTP Asset Upgrade Tool to upgrade QTP scripts Uninstall of QC 9.2 Installation of QC 11.0 Installation of QC 11.0 Service pack 2.0 Testing of QC 11 installation Migrate priority projects Verify Sample projects (read only testing) Test the priority projects
Kindly let me know if the above is fine and when should i run the QTP Asset Upgrade tool to upgrade the QTP Scripts .