Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

UFT API Tests in Test Sets with pinned Baseline

Hi,

I'm using HP ALM 11.0 and 12.0 as well as UFT 11.0 and 12.0.
In both versions I have an issue with Service Tests (API Tests) in relation to baselining.

To reproduce my issue follow the next steps:

•  Create an API Test in UFT
  • Save the test in ALM Test Plan
  • Create a library with that Test Plan
  • Create a baseline of that library
  • Create a test set and pin the baseline
  • Add the API Test to the test set

Expected behaviour: API Test is added to the test set und can be run.
Actual behaviour: warning message "test configuration is not part of the baseline" and the test is not added.

• I checked the following points
  • API test is part of the baseline
  • Creation/update date of the test is older than the library (existed before the library)
  • Other test types can be added: MANUAL, QUICKTEST-TEST, VAPI-XP-TEST, FLOW, BUSINESS-PROCESS)
  • test types that can not be added: SERVICE-TEST, LR-SCENARIO

Any idea on how to get Service Tests working in Test Sets with pinned Baseline is highly appreciated.

Many thanks and best regards,

Beate

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Beate,

Hope you are doing great.

According to this issue, could you please send us an screenshot of the Warning Message and the QC Logs in Debug mode with a timestamp of the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Krystal Mata U.
HP QC/ALM Support Team

(If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved)

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Mata,

thanks for your efforts. Please find attached a Word-Document with Screenshots of all steps (including the warning message).

At the end of the document you will find two embedded log files from ALM. One of them shows the exception leading to the issue.

Hope you have a quick workaround for me 🙂

thanks and best regards,

Beate

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.