Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Unable to check in ALM component

We are using ALM 12.0 , all other modules working fine other than Business component module, when trying to check in component, it does not show the lock sign and when clicking on Check in again shows an error, attached the error.

Please help

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Dear Sheejag,

Good day!

According to this error, could you please try to reinstall the client components?

1. Turn off the client machine and turn it on again.

2. Uninstall the QC client components : http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM176290

3. Make sure that all the components are removed, following: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1400062

4. Go to %tmp% in windows explorer, locate the TD_80 folder and delete it.

5. Also clear your IE cache.

6. Install the QC components again.

7. Try to reproduce the issue.

If the above steps does not work, please send me the QC Logs in debug mode.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Best regards,

Krystal Mata U.
HP QC/ALM Support Team

(If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved)

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Saw a difference in table entries in working project and the ones with issue.

when a component is checked out, table entries for working project is:

The VC_COMPONENTS table column CO_VC_STATUS showing "Checked out"
2. The COMPONENTS table column CO_VC_STATUS showing "Checked out"

and when a component is checked out in project with issue, the table entries as below:

1. The VC_COMPONENTS table column CO_VC_STATUS showing "Checked In"
2. The COMPONENTS table column CO_VC_STATUS showing "Checked out"

Please suggest

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello,

It is possible that there is a minor corruption with Version Control in this particular project. You may try running Verify tool from Site Administration and check if it would find any inconsistencies.

Additionally, I would suggest enabling the QC log files in 'Debug' mode (from Site Admin -> Servers tab) and reproducing the error. Then check the log - it should point to the entities that are causing issues.

You could also open a ticket with ALM Support, so that an engineer could assist, if a manual modification to the db tables is required.

I hope this helps!

Best regards!

HP QC Support Engineer
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.