ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgraded QC 11 project has 0 KB for all attachments

Jump to solution

After upgrading from QC 10 to 11, all the attachments in the newly upgraded project have zero size.  The repository tool shows that the repository was migrated without errors and I did leave the QC 10 repository in place during the upgrade to QC 11.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I repeated the upgrade, starting from QC 10, moving to QC 11 and upgrading the target project to QC 11. The second time, everything worked as expected with no problems.  The migration of the repository took about 20 minute

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Where are you looking at the size of the attachments?

Have you tried opening any of the zero-sized attachments?

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Opening a defect with attachments shows the file size as 0 KB.  I can add a new defect with an attachment and viewing a new attachement works as expected - it's the migrated defects that all have 0 KB.  I'm viewing the defects in QC 11.  This is a Windows 2008 server with SQL 2005. 

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Also, when you try to open a 0 KB attachment, QC briefly downloads the file but nothing appears in the typical viewer that would show the PNG file, for example.
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Immediately after migration, the new repository optimization process starts. While this process is running you may not be able to access the attachments and they may turn up as 0 Kb. Log in to Site Administration, choose Tools->Repository Migration Status. If there were some problems with repository migration for any project, it might have blocked migration for other projects. Sometimes you will need to manually delete some files from the repository to be able to restart the migration process - check the repository migration logs if the process was interrupted.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I repeated the upgrade, starting from QC 10, moving to QC 11 and upgrading the target project to QC 11. The second time, everything worked as expected with no problems.  The migration of the repository took about 20 minute

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

I have a project in a similar state.  The migration was successful in the test environment, but when performed in the production environment shows all attachments as 0KB.

The project folder/file structure is still in the pre-migration state, with all of the old files and folders still intact.  The project migration status shows 100% success, and a ProjRep folder exists, with nothing in it.  The SMART_REPOSITORY_PHYSICAL_FILE table is empty save for the single "dummy_folder" row.

I tried removing and restoring the project, running "re-align repository" in Site Admin and restoring the old project schema from QC10, to no avail.  Is there a way to force the smart repository alignment to walk the project filesystem again once the project has been upgraded?  It seems like it started but didn't actually move anything, even though every status indicator QC11 has says that it did.

Scott Hysmith
ASE: Quality Center
ASE: Performance Center
Certified Instructor
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The second time I tried the upgrade everything worked as expected my steps were, after running the ALM server configuration, on a project to be upgraded, using the maintain project function:

1. Verify Project (no issues)

2. Upgrage Project (took about 20 minutes to migrate the repository - this for a 700 MB QCP sized exported project file)

3. Reran Verify Project (no issues)

Good luck, and luck seems to have something to do with it.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Go to Site Admin

Right click on the project

Click on REmove Project

Then HIghlight on project and say restore.

While Restoring it will ask for dbid.xml file.Point to it the one you have migrated now.

These steps worked from me

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

I wrote a script to upload some 650 files to attach to a folder in the QC Requirements.

When I used the QCUtil object

Set QCConnection = QCUtil.QCConnection

in the QTP all the files uploaded perfectly from the given path on my computer.

Later I copied the script to small vbsscript file and now used 

Set QCConnection = CreateObject("TDApiOle80.TDConnection")

QCConnection.InitConnectionEx QC_URL

QCConnection.login QC_UserID, QC_Password 

QCConnection.Connect QC_Domain, QC_Project_Name

for the same script. This time all the files have been attached but each one is of 0KB size.

Is that the problem with the QCConnection over the TDApiOle80?

Somebody reply. plz.

Thanks,

Anil Nandam.

Thanks,
Anil Nandam.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

We are having the same issues after only migrating projects from QC10 to QC11 because we started on a brand new server. So, all the projects we migrated over from QC10 to QC11 show 0KB for any attachment and you try and open the attachment and it downloads something, but never opens. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Absent Member..
Please provide more details about you migration process to the new server, and the configuration of your environment. Are you hosting the application, database, and QC Repository all on one server or in a multi-server configuration. What is the OS, service pack, and bit levels of your server(s)? What product are you using for database management? What process did you go through to move QC items from the v10 server to the v11 server? Did you run the Verify/Repair/Upgrade processes in Site Admin? Did you review the log reports? Have you allowed enough time to pass for the Smart Repository conversion to complete?
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.