Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Urgent: QTP waiting infinitely

Jump to solution
Am testing .Net application using QTP9.5. While running QTP tests continuously application is throwing a pop-up dialog after some point of time. QTP is unable to recover from this pop-up dialog as application is not giving control back to QTP to perform action on dialog(say click on OK button). Both application and QTP waiting infinitely at the same point until pop-up dialog disappears. Am not getting any run-time error. If i manually close pop-up then test execution resume from the same point.

Can anyone pls help me to sort out this issue?

Thanks in Advance.
Ramesh
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Yes autoit a a 3rd part freeware tool. It can run independent of QTP and wait for the window to appear and dismiss it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,
Have you handled the pop-up through your code.What is the "Run Settings" option you selected when error occurs during run session. If its continue to next step qtp will not give you run error it will wait for the object synchronization time out.

Regards,
Suman
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Suman,
QTP is waiting infinitely when pop-up comes instaed throwing run time error. Am not getting any errors.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Ramesh,
have you found the answer to you question?
I have the same kind of problem http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1417812

Cheers,
Giel
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
It sounds like you you have a modal dialog problem. QTP gets in a dead lock situation with the application. The easiest way I know of is to use autoit to handle the dialog when it pops up. Its basically a little script that runs in the background.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Marcel,

Is autoit a tool? How it works?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Yes autoit a a 3rd part freeware tool. It can run independent of QTP and wait for the window to appear and dismiss it.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.