Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What are the steps to upgrade QC9.2 to 10.0

I was asked to upgrade QC9.2 to 10.0

I couldn't find any upgrade software. Is it available?
If not, can i install 10.0 on the same server where 9.2 exist?

I can't uninstall 9.2 till the release is complete, and so I've to install 10.0 on the same server as 9.2.

The QC 10.0 starter version allowed me "start" an installation on the same server without un-installing 9.2...but i ran into issues.

1. Eventhough I unchecked "Enforce password policy" in SQL for the QC-SQL user, the installation complains about the password policy.

So i skipped this part....and the installation continued...
after a while the installation fails with a message
"Configration failed. For more information refer to the "

Is there a method to upgrade QC9.2 to QC10.0?

If not..
Is there a straight forward method to install 10.0 along with 9.2?
Please suggest....
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals

Look for the "Upgrade Preparation Guide".

You can always get support for your issues:

http://support.openview.hp.com

Eric Schumacher
TDForums.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Trincy,

Please check my post in below thread....I had attached upgrade assessment tool guide.

You can not have QC 9.2 & QC 10.0 co-exsiting on a single server.

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1317710

You can download this upgrade tool from HP support portal.

I suggest you to register case with support for smoother upgradation..

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Eric and Shivram.

I tried to keep both 9.2 and 10.0 on the same server, every solution created couple other issues. After 8 wasted hrs, i gave up.

Summary:- Failed to have both QC9.2 and QC10.0 on the same server.

Work around:- I got a VM-slice and installed 10.0. migrated projects without issues.

Thanks,
Trincy.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Trincy,

Did you uninstall QC 9.2 and install QC 10 on the same server? How did you configure JBoss, did you have to use the older QC username and password for JBoss, or did you choose a new username and password. I am trying to install QC 10 on the same server as QC 9.2.

After reading the forum i think it would just be better to upgrade instead of keeping both versions. Can you tell me about the steps you took to upgrade.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.