Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Which module to put code for synchronization

Spoiler
Whenever, user drags a requirement to a certain folder (called Business Process Structure), Requirement or Feature ID needs to be added in Feature list. It will be an item addition in that list.
Any user can drag requirement to that certain folder - thus Feature ID needs to be added in the list as an item for all user. But a
s per current scenario, a list can only be updated with user having admin access. 
(List items can't make editable for all users - it still only tdadmin who has the update eligibility)
Hence am using a function called 'SyncFet' to update a list to add an item value in that list and syncing if the user is TDAdmin.
I am using below criteria to update the list in Canlogin Module like below:

'=============Auto Sync of Feature=====
if User.IsInGroup("TdAdmin") then
Call SyncFet
'Msgbox "SyncFet Called"
end if
'=============================
I need input in identifying optimum module which I should use as sync like ActionCanExecute / EnterModule etc.
Requirement is, if any of the users having admin access is online, this SyncFet function should seamlessly update that list.
Please note that SyncFet feature is updating the list as expected and I do not need any technical input on this. I only need input to where should I put mentioned code so that Syncfet gets called maximum time but not to the extent that it becomes slowness issue with any admin user.

Can anyone help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

According to my personal understanding, it is not a best practice to put sync function in workflow. You are not able to control how often it will be called. In the meantime, it absolutely affects the user's experience.

I would suggest you to get a dedicated client machine to use OTA script to do the feature job. I believe the script is almost same as the function "SyncFet" you implemented, only additional login and logout need to be handle.

In this way, you can use windows tasks to run the scripts as often as you wish.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks a lot @Roddy for your help.

Would it be possible for you to provide some more information on this on how to achieve that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you mean the OTA API part, you can refer to ALM online help.
https://admhelp.microfocus.com/alm/api_refs/ota/Default.htm
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.