Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

cannot enable Text Search on project in ALM

Hello all.

I am trying to enable the Text Search feature in ALM v11.52.  I have the Text Search enabled on the DB in SiteAdmin.  Also, the CTXAPP role  has the necessary privileges.  However, I keep getting OLE error 800419A4 when clicking the "enable/rebuild text search" button.

I have a Case open with Support for a few weeks now and have tried various things with no resolution.

Has anybody else been able to fix this issue?  Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member..

What are you using on the backend for database support?

You may need to enable text search on the database software.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Absent Member..

We have already enabled search on the Database.  We are using Oracle 11.0.3 for the database back-end.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

What patch level are you on for ALM 11.52?

We are on 11.52 patch 4 with Oracle 11.2.0.4.4 and do not have this issue.

~Have you Read The Felicitous Manual?
~Please hit the KUDOS button if my reply helped resolve your issue.
0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

When the error shows in enable/rebuild,  please look at the sa logs,  filter them by errors and look for an error in the time frame the error was shown. 

And paste it here. 

Cordially

Ameyjo 

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution"
0 Likes
Absent Member..

I am in the same situation.

Here is a copy of my error log...

[Mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-06564: object CTX_DDL.CREATE_PREFERENCE does not exist ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_UTILITY", line 156 ORA-06512: at line 1 Failed SQL: /* ~~QC */ {CALL CTX_DDL.CREATE_PREFERENCE(/*P*/'QCCOLUMNS',/*P*/'MULTI_COLUMN_DATASTORE')};

Stack Trace: java.sql.SQLException: [Mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-06564: object CTX_DDL.CREATE_PREFERENCE does not exist ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_UTILITY", line 156 ORA-06512: at line 1 Failed SQL: /* ~~QC */ {CALL CTX_DDL.CREATE_PREFERENCE(/*P*/'QCCOLUMNS',/*P*/'MULTI_COLUMN_DATASTORE')}

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Check with your DBA(s) that the account you are using to talk to the database has the rights it needs to create or change tables in the database.

You can also run the verify job to check for schema/database corruption.

~Have you Read The Felicitous Manual?
~Please hit the KUDOS button if my reply helped resolve your issue.
0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Please have your dba to look at the database permissions below: 

• SELECT ON SYS.DBA_USERS (2) (ALM db admin user)Required to verify the existence of specific database project users. For example, you might want to (ALM db admin user)verify the existence of an Oracle CTXSYS user before creating a new ALM project.
  • SELECT ON SYS.DBA_REGISTRY (2) (ALM db admin user)Required to verify that the text search component is installed on the database server.
  • SELECT ON SYS.DBA_ROLES (2) (ALM db admin user)Required to verify that the text search role (CTXAPP) is installed on the database server.
  • GRANT CTXAPP to ) ctxapp role to Project schema user 

For knowing your ALM db admin user: go to Site Administration/DBservers

Project Schema User: Site Administration /Site Projects -> Project details tab

Cordially

Ameyjo

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution"
Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.