Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

failed initializing plugin 'service test management plugin'

One of my BAs is getting an error "failed initializing plugin 'service test management plugin'" when trying to authenticate on his laptop. he can authenticate on a different computer but just not his. i have tried to flush his dns and the problem still persist.

any ideas?

screenshot attached.

0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Bob,

Is he an admin on that box? He will need to be.

I hope this helps.

John Scarpino, D.Sc.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

he was able to log onto ALM last week, but started to get the error this morning.

he has stated that he has not changed anything on his laptop. so i would assume that he is an Admin.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I wonder if an update was made on his machine overnight. He may want to reboot to make sure then try again. After reboot if it still does not work try deleting the Mercury Interactive folder under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mercury Interactive if you can delete and reinstall QC then you are the admin and it is certainly an environment issue. What QC version and Patch are you running?
Highlighted
Absent Member..

If you delete the Mercury Interactive folder all plugins will need to be reinstalled.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Bob

Does it happens in all users that access that particular project? happens in all projects?

Cordially

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Bob

could you pass me the result of the below queries in spread sheet? From the backend:

1) SELECT * FROM SYSTEM_FIELD  WHERE SF_IS_BY_CODE ='Y' and SF_REFERENCE_NAME_COLUMN =''

2)SELECT SF_ID, SF_TABLE_NAME, SF_COLUMN_NAME,SF_REFERENCE_TABLE,SF_REFERENCE_ID_COLUMN,SF_REFERENCE_NAME_COLUMN,SF_IS_BY_CODE

FROM    SYSTEM_FIELD

where   SF_REFERENCE_TABLE =   ''   and  

SF_REFERENCE_TABLE is not null and

SF_REFERENCE_ID_COLUMN is   not   null   and  

SF_REFERENCE_NAME_COLUMN is   not   null   and  

SF_IS_BY_CODE=   'Y'

Cordially

Ameyjo

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution"
Highlighted
Absent Member..

only this one login. i can log in with my username and it authenticates just fine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

ran both queries and the results where nothing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Bob

Thank you for your response, zero means that there is not inconsistencies with a list or field , could you try to remove and re add the user to the groups asociated, if that does not work; try removing and readding the user to the project. (NOTE: this will reset the private favorites to the user).

Cordially

"HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

tried the removing and adding back in. still does not work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Bob

Could you describe if you remove it from the project or from the groups? if you did both, you may consider have one of the working users login in users's affected machine and create a new windows profile and test if the issue still happening.

You noted that you can get in the project with your account, was it in the affected machine?

Cordially

"HP Support
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.