<QC/ALM Support Tip> Best Practices to upgrade projects
Here it is a checklist for upgarding projects in ALM after migration. You must first take in consideration the following tips before upgrading:
- Backups for DBs and Repository files
- Check all the System Requirements for the new version at https://hpln.hp.com/page/alm-qc-enterprise-technical-specifications
- Take in consideration if you need to change servers and databases
- Verify that you have all the required permissions to install
If you need to move to a new hardware, take in consideration that you'll need to move the Repository Files and DBs to the new boxes before continue.
When you have all of the above ready, you can start your migration. The considerations should be:
- Please try first on a Testing Env
- All the entities must be check out to avoid issues in the upgrade process
- Run always in the following order the next tools: Verify -> Repair -> Upgrade
- If the Verify Tool shows issues that needs to be fixed manually, please do this first before continue
- Always migrate Site Admin Schema first and be sure which options you have, and select the appropiate for your environment
- As the second option, you should migrate the LAB_PROJECT (don't miss this tip to avoid corrupted projects later)
- Finally, migrate the projects, you can do it one by one, or by domain
In any case that you experience any issue, please collect all the logs for Support in case that you need to. The logs that Support will request are: SA in Debug Mode; Verify, Repair and Upgrade reports (it will be better in HTML format).
There is also a new app called ALM Robot that makes the above process easier, you can use it as well.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution"