Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

restrict user to 1 active session

we are using HP AL 12.2 with limited concurrent session. some of the users when working on multiple projects are initiating multiple sessions from same pc instead of navigating between projects and consuming multiple licenses which is a problem for other users who are trying to login.

I would like to check if there is a way to restrict users to have only 1 active session and also display a error/warning when they try to open a new session from same PC or other PC

From my understanding the login and session information is stored in site admin schema table and i dont think i can access this information from query builder of any project. 

I read online that QC's in built function "CanLogin" under workflow can handle it, but how do i edit the workflow script to handle my situation

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

You can try the following sample code as a courtesy,

Function CanLogin(DomainName, ProjectName, UserName)

On Error Resume Next

If User.IsInGroup("Wholesale_Users") then

CanLogin = False

exit function

else

CanLogin = True

end if

CanLogin = DefaultRes

On Error GoTo 0

End Function

Regards,

Sue Sevilla | SW Technical Support Consultant.

Application Lifecycle Management

Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks for your quick reply but this solution didnt work for me. 

I was able to login to ALM from two instances browser on same PC

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Also i want to do this at siteadmin level not a project level

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

If the sample code provide as courtesy does not meet your request and if you want a more complex code you can contact PSO since they are in charge of code development, you can contact them through your sales representative; if you have any question please let us know.

Regards,

Sue Sevilla | SW Technical Support Consultant.

Application Lifecycle Management

Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.