Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

sql query to extract test lab details based on path in HP ALM/QC

Jump to solution

Hi I need a sql query on below requirment in Test lab (using Oracle DB)

1) Test Cases in a Test Lab Folder (It can have many subfolders having multiple Test sets folder and Test set)

2) i need to retrive all the Test case steps information like if they are Passed, failed and even No Run status.

appreciate if you help on the above requirment.

Thank you.

0 Likes
27 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

I have been trying to pull all the test sets (ID and respective paths) under a specific testset folder in test lab using the below query

select CF_ITEM_ID, cf_item_name,sys_connect_by_path(CF_ITEM_NAME, '\') path
from CYCL_FOLD connect by prior CF_ITEM_ID = CF_FATHER_ID
start with CF_FATHER_ID = -1 and CF_ITEM_NAME= 'Root'

But it is returning empty data (no data, just the column headers)

Note: The same after changing the table names works fine in test plan 

Can someone please help me understand the reason/root cause? And if possible provide solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Hari & Jo,

Could you please confirm the above query asked by Jo. If we replace the sys_connect_by_path keyword with the above CTE, will it work fine ?

@ Hari,

please can you share the entire version of Oracel query stated above to SQL and share. Even Iam getting the same error as sys_connect_by_path is not a built-in funcrtion. My database is SQL Server.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Jo & Hari,

Please let me know if this only works for SQL database. Because it returns blank excel only with the column names if I execute this in oracle database.

Please help.

Thanks,

Nisha.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.