Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

user unable to update defect status

Hi,

Users are unable to modify the status of the defect. An error message pops up displayed " You do not have required permission to execute this action". Only the Admin is able to update the status.

I verified the groups permissions to which the user is assigned. The defects tab shows 'New' and 'Update' option has been checked for the group.

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashwin K

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

click on the "Status" in defect tabs under "New", you will see on the right side which transitions are allowed. Delete the transition rules or set it "From every"  "To every" (or set needed transitions). Only the given transitions are allowed (all others are not allowed and are cause to the error message). Do the same under "Update".

Kind regards,

A.E  

Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Atacan,

Thank u so much for this. This has helped me a lot.

Regrads,

Ash...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

The answer was very useful... Thank you!!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.