ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.

Advanced Authentication User Portal SSO with Access Manager

Idea ID 2844767

Advanced Authentication User Portal SSO with Access Manager

Currently there is no supported way to use single sing-on to the New User Portal after a successful NAM login. Before AA 6.3, there was an option to achieve this (and still is if you are using the old Portal):

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Access-Manager-Tips-Information/Using-Access-Manager-to-single-sign-on-to-Advanced/ta-p/1776667

But this does not work with the newest version of AA and the new Portal. This is really painful, since it is quite a common scenario to have both NAM and AA in a customer's environment.

Regards,

Balázs

4 Comments
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I have just tested this with version 6.3.2.0 and basic authentication works. Unfortunately I have not tested with latest version, but you've said it does not work since 6.3

Also SSO from NAM using LDAP password and virtual attribute for username.

Kind regards,

Sebastijan

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I haven't tested the new portal in 6.3 for a couple versions, but it did not support basic or other sso.  I am still using the old portal with basic auth because of that.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Yes, I have forgot to mention that we are using the new Enrollment Portal.

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

That might be the difference. We are using old enrollment portal. And with old one, basic authentication works also with version 6.3.3 (just upgraded)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.