Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.

Enhance Default Rewrite Engine

Idea ID 2779960

Enhance Default Rewrite Engine

The rewrite engine does a decent job of rewriting accelerated URLs as long as they match 100%.

The rewrite engine really needs to be able to automatically rewrite protocol-less URLs (i.e. //www.domain.com/path) that are accelerated.

It also need to efficiently process .js files that contain hard links (i.e. var myvar = '/accelerated/path';) especially where a path-based accelerator is used with "remove path on fill".
2 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
This is planned for the upcoming Access Manager 5.
Captain
Captain
May I also suggest adding the ability to rewrite URL encoded (a.k.a percent encoded) versions of the that may be inside Javascript or in headers. In my experience these are commonly met situations that take time to diagnose and fix. A check box option to enable this. e.g. https%3A%2F%2Fwebsite.domain.com%2Fpath%2Fto%2Fresource
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.