bbrehart
New Member.

Add additional URL to NAM

Greetings,

In our development environment we have a replica of our employee portal, and we use NAM in Dev as we would use it in Prod to provide authentication and authorization. We've begun a project where we're moving from the existing portal to a new portal, but they will both have to exist side-by-side until the it's decided that the old portal can be decommissioned.
Is it possible to configure NAM to support two sites in this manner? Can I add another URL to the IDP server? I'm not an expert on NAM by any means, and I do need help.

Cheers!
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Add additional URL to NAM

On 18-05-2019 5:04 AM, bbrehart wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> In our development environment we have a replica of our employee portal,
> and we use NAM in Dev as we would use it in Prod to provide
> authentication and authorization. We've begun a project where we're
> moving from the existing portal to a new portal, but they will both have
> to exist side-by-side until the it's decided that the old portal can be
> decommissioned.
> Is it possible to configure NAM to support two sites in this manner? Can
> I add another URL to the IDP server? I'm not an expert on NAM by any
> means, and I do need help.

Unfortunately the IDP doesn't support this. You can only have 1 hostname for authentication.

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
bbrehart
New Member.

Edward,

Thanks for the response. Not what I was hoping to hear, but thanks for giving it to me straight. 🙂

Is the only way to do this is build a whole new NAM setup? Or just a new IDP server?

Cheers,
Brian
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 23-05-2019 4:14 AM, bbrehart wrote:
>
> Edward,
>
> Thanks for the response. Not what I was hoping to hear, but thanks for
> giving it to me straight. 🙂
>
> Is the only way to do this is build a whole new NAM setup? Or just a new
> IDP server?
>
> Cheers,
> Brian
>
>

Depends whether you are using the NAM appliance or individual servers. If using individual servers you can build a new IDP and configure/manage it
with the same admin console.

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
geistc Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I am confused on why you want to add another URL to the IDP. Normally when you are protecting web sites with NAM you setup the web site in the access gateways and the IDP URL is just where the user goes to authenticate. It is the access gateways that proxy the site and grant/deny access to the resources. In that setup you would just add the new portal as a new web site in the access gateway instead of adding a new URL to the IDP. Both portals could even use the same access gateway authorization and identity injection policies assuming the new portal and the old portal will be setup the same. Either way, this is a lot less work than setting up an entirely new NAM system for one new web site. Both sites can live side-by-side and once the old portal is no longer needed you can just decommission that site from the access gateways.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.