fartyalvikram
New Member.
891 views

Add wildcard certificate inside Certificate

I want to add wildcard certificate inside Access Manager Certificate which is provided by client, so that I can use this cert for Reverse Proxy.
Screen is below where I want to use this cert. Right now I am using "NAM-RP-Certificate" cert and I want to change this to my wildcard cert.



I am using Access Manager Appliance 4.4.
0 Likes
6 Replies
fartyalvikram
New Member.

Re: Add wildcard certificate inside Certificate

Anyone have any idea about that, I received only one cert.der file from client side.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Add wildcard certificate inside Certificate

On 18-01-2018 1:26 AM, fartyalvikram wrote:
>
> Anyone have any idea about that, I received only one cert.der file from
> client side.
>
>

You'd need a keypair to do this obviously. If your client only gave you a cert it'll never work.

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
fartyalvikram
New Member.

Re: Add wildcard certificate inside Certificate

Thanks for reply.
Can you please suggest me what we needed to do this work.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Add wildcard certificate inside Certificate

fartyalvikram;2474567 wrote:
Thanks for reply.
Can you please suggest me what we needed to do this work.


If by "provided by client" you mean that a customer/person (a client of yours) purchased a Wildcard certificate, the only TWO ways I've ever done this:

a) *you* would've gone into the NAM Admin Console and generated a CSR request.
b) *you* would've supplied that CSR text to the client/customer and they would've obtained a certificate on your behalf (possibly).
c) The client would then possibly send you the *signed* CSR (or you got an email) in which case you typically have to obtain the Trusted Root CA, and possibly an Intermediate CA (from the company where the wildcard cert was purchased), and then go into the Admin Console and finish the process of signing your CSR request.

I'm not sure if you use a self-minted Wildcard cert (ie, one obtained from say, Active Directory, or eDirectory), but I imagine you still need to generate a CSR.

or

Option #2:
The customer/client/person has obtained a wildcard certificate from a third party like Verisign/GlobalSign/Geotrust/etc.
They send you the entire PFX file (along with the password necessary)

You then import that PFX file into the Admin Console via the certificate section (I just can't remember if you'll also need to obtain the Trusted Root CA and/or the Intermediates).

Once the *complete* certificate chain is imported into the Admin Console, THEN you can click that little "note" icon next to the certificate and it'll generate a wizard to prompt you to replace that certificate with the one you imported.
0 Likes
rokumar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Add wildcard certificate inside Certificate

kjhurni;2474633 wrote:
If by "provided by client" you mean that a customer/person (a client of yours) purchased a Wildcard certificate, the only TWO ways I've ever done this:

a) *you* would've gone into the NAM Admin Console and generated a CSR request.
b) *you* would've supplied that CSR text to the client/customer and they would've obtained a certificate on your behalf (possibly).
c) The client would then possibly send you the *signed* CSR (or you got an email) in which case you typically have to obtain the Trusted Root CA, and possibly an Intermediate CA (from the company where the wildcard cert was purchased), and then go into the Admin Console and finish the process of signing your CSR request.

I'm not sure if you use a self-minted Wildcard cert (ie, one obtained from say, Active Directory, or eDirectory), but I imagine you still need to generate a CSR.

or

Option #2:
The customer/client/person has obtained a wildcard certificate from a third party like Verisign/GlobalSign/Geotrust/etc.
They send you the entire PFX file (along with the password necessary)

You then import that PFX file into the Admin Console via the certificate section (I just can't remember if you'll also need to obtain the Trusted Root CA and/or the Intermediates).

Once the *complete* certificate chain is imported into the Admin Console, THEN you can click that little "note" icon next to the certificate and it'll generate a wizard to prompt you to replace that certificate with the one you imported.


Hi I am facing the same issue. I have Access manager 4.4 appliance and my client has got the the certificate (.cer) and a folder containing dll files . I dont know how to import it.

If possible is there any KB or Pdf which I can follow.

Thanks
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Add wildcard certificate inside Certificate

On 22-03-2018 12:56 AM, rokumar wrote:
>
> kjhurni;2474633 Wrote:
>> If by "provided by client" you mean that a customer/person (a client of
>> yours) purchased a Wildcard certificate, the only TWO ways I've ever
>> done this:
>>
>> a) *you* would've gone into the NAM Admin Console and generated a CSR
>> request.
>> b) *you* would've supplied that CSR text to the client/customer and
>> they would've obtained a certificate on your behalf (possibly).
>> c) The client would then possibly send you the *signed* CSR (or you got
>> an email) in which case you typically have to obtain the Trusted Root
>> CA, and possibly an Intermediate CA (from the company where the wildcard
>> cert was purchased), and then go into the Admin Console and finish the
>> process of signing your CSR request.
>>
>> I'm not sure if you use a self-minted Wildcard cert (ie, one obtained
>> from say, Active Directory, or eDirectory), but I imagine you still need
>> to generate a CSR.
>>
>> or
>>
>> Option #2:
>> The customer/client/person has obtained a wildcard certificate from a
>> third party like Verisign/GlobalSign/Geotrust/etc.
>> They send you the entire PFX file (along with the password necessary)
>>
>> You then import that PFX file into the Admin Console via the certificate
>> section (I just can't remember if you'll also need to obtain the Trusted
>> Root CA and/or the Intermediates).
>>
>> Once the *complete* certificate chain is imported into the Admin
>> Console, THEN you can click that little "note" icon next to the
>> certificate and it'll generate a wizard to prompt you to replace that
>> certificate with the one you imported.

>
> Hi I am facing the same issue. I have Access manager 4.4 appliance and
> my client has got the the certificate (.cer) and a folder containing dll
> files . I dont know how to import it.
>
> If possible is there any KB or Pdf which I can follow.


It sounds like you only have a certificate, you need a keypair to make a certificate work which generally comes in a pkcs#12 format. Probably best to
go back to the person who gave you the cer file and ask them to export it properly.


--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.