Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Ask for input during authentication

Previously we have used SSPR to let the user self register and complete the attribute profile. But we need to change the flow and have the user to login with external IDP, but not all attributes are provided from IDP and we want the user to input some values during first authentication, preferably before the userobject is created i directory. 

I was thinking of two possible solutions, 

1. Have external IDP to prefill NewUser form (SN,GivenName) in SSPR and then have the user to add some values and the submit. But Im not aware if it is possible to prefill NewUser forms i SSPR.. 

2. Build an authentication class that executes after external IDP and checks the authentication profile for missing values and ask the user for input. 

Or is it possible to create the same functionality with virtual attributes, or any other builtin authentication class?

What would you have done?

Magnus

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.