lelle1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Change nameid in metadata.xml

Hi

Nam 4.4 sp3 appliance.
Customer is switching data center provider so I got a set of new appliances installed. They are setup with different hostname/domain name.
I wanted to use code promotion to move configuration from old server.
For IDP that worked great exept the Saml metadata name id is changed to new servers fqdn. Is it possible to change that?
I understad that I can edit the metadata manually before sending to new SP, but is there a way to change the metadata setup internally?

/Lelle
0 Likes
2 Replies
lelle1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Change nameid in metadata.xml

I mean entityID and not nameid
0 Likes
lelle1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Change nameid in metadata.xml

Hi,
Never mind, I managed to figure it out. Was pretty simple.
You only have to change the published dns name for the proxy service protecting the nidp protected resource

/Lelle
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.