prasenjitmass Contributor.
Contributor.
521 views

Could not restore AMbackup

We are trying to create a replica of our existing access manager. It's version is 3.2.2. We have just install base OS (SUSE 11.2) provide same hostname and IP address of the original one. Now we have installed the basic Access manager installation.

Now while we are going to restore ambackup. It is showing following errors;



==============================================================
C o n f i g u r a t i o n B a c k u p U t i l i t y
==============================================================
- - - - - - - - - - - Performing restore - - - - - - - - - - -
Tue Apr 2 17:49:49 IST 2019
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We are not in DHost. pid = -1985756760
javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded
at com.sun.crypto.provider.CipherCore.doFinal(CipherCore.java:811)
at com.sun.crypto.provider.CipherCore.doFinal(CipherCore.java:676)
at com.sun.crypto.provider.PBECipherCore.doFinal(PBECipherCore.java:422)
at com.sun.crypto.provider.PBEWithMD5AndDESCipher.engineDoFinal(PBEWithMD5AndDESCipher.java:316)
at javax.crypto.Cipher.doFinal(Cipher.java:2087)
at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.decrypt_file(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.work(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.main(Unknown Source)
4/2/19 5:49 PM AM#201004001: Command failed.
Options:
-unprotect
-pwd **********
-file /root/am_bkp/kseb_dr_amidty_dns_ap101_20190325_1202.ldif

----------------
**** Error *************** Error *************** Error ****
AM#201002002: Failed to decrypt the backup file.
FAILED to restore. Please verify
IP Address: 10.2.28.73
LDAP Port: 636
Administrator id: cn=admin,o=novell
Administrator Password:
Backup path: /root/am_bkp
Backup file: kseb_dr_amidty_dns_ap101_20190325_1202
eDirectory Server:
Certificate Encryption Phrase:
**** Error *************** Error *************** Error ****


Please help.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Could not restore AMbackup

On 11-04-2019 5:44 PM, prasenjitmass wrote:
>
> We are trying to create a replica of our existing access manager. It's
> version is 3.2.2. We have just install base OS (SUSE 11.2) provide same
> hostname and IP address of the original one. Now we have installed the
> basic Access manager installation.
>
> Now while we are going to restore ambackup. It is showing following
> errors;
>
>
>
> ==============================================================
> C o n f i g u r a t i o n B a c k u p U t i l i t y
> ==============================================================
> - - - - - - - - - - - Performing restore - - - - - - - - - - -
> Tue Apr 2 17:49:49 IST 2019
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> We are not in DHost. pid = -1985756760
> javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded
> at com.sun.crypto.provider.CipherCore.doFinal(CipherCore.java:811)
> at com.sun.crypto.provider.CipherCore.doFinal(CipherCore.java:676)
> at
> com.sun.crypto.provider.PBECipherCore.doFinal(PBECipherCore.java:422)
> at
> com.sun.crypto.provider.PBEWithMD5AndDESCipher.engineDoFinal(PBEWithMD5AndDESCipher.java:316)
> at javax.crypto.Cipher.doFinal(Cipher.java:2087)
> at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.decrypt_file(Unknown Source)
> at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.work(Unknown Source)
> at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.main(Unknown Source)
> 4/2/19 5:49 PM AM#201004001: Command failed.
> Options:
> -unprotect
> -pwd **********
> -file /root/am_bkp/kseb_dr_amidty_dns_ap101_20190325_1202.ldif
>
> ----------------
> **** Error *************** Error *************** Error ****
> AM#201002002: Failed to decrypt the backup file.
> FAILED to restore. Please verify
> IP Address: 10.2.28.73
> LDAP Port: 636
> Administrator id: cn=admin,o=novell
> Administrator Password:
> Backup path: /root/am_bkp
> Backup file: kseb_dr_amidty_dns_ap101_20190325_1202
> eDirectory Server:
> Certificate Encryption Phrase:
> **** Error *************** Error *************** Error ****
>
>
> Please help.
>
>


well..the error is obvious. It can't decrypt it. Did you specify the right password?

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
prasenjitmass Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Could not restore AMbackup

Thank you Edmaa for your kind cooperation.

We are trying to restore again with a fresh backup where password is properly.

Log error is changed to



==============================================================
N o v e l l A c c e s s M a n a g e r
C o n f i g u r a t i o n B a c k u p U t i l i t y
==============================================================

Enter the Access Manager Administration password []:
Re-enter the password for verification []:
Enter the path to where the backup files can be found [/root/nambkup]:
Enter the name of the backup file (.zip will be added): kseb_dr_amidty_dns_ap101_20190325_1202
-------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Enter a password for encrypting/decrypting the data
--- NOTE: You must use the same password for both backup and restore.
--- Private key encryption password []:
--- Re-enter the password for verification []:

Archive: /root/nambkup/kseb_dr_amidty_dns_ap101_20190325_1202.zip
inflating: /root/nambkup/kseb_dr_amidty_dns_ap101_20190325_1202.ldif
Restoring configuration...
Total entries failed: 0

**** Error *************** Error *************** Error ****

AM#201002009: Failed to reconfigure VCDN user objects.

FAILED to restore. Please verify
IP Address: 10.2.28.73
LDAP Port: 636
Administrator id: cn=admin,o=novell
Administrator Password:
Backup path: /root/nambkup
Backup file: kseb_dr_amidty_dns_ap101_20190325_1202
eDirectory Server:
Certificate Encryption Phrase:

**** Error *************** Error *************** Error ****
Log file for this restore is /var/log/nidp_backup_20190411_1657.log
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Could not restore AMbackup

On 11-04-2019 9:44 PM, prasenjitmass wrote:
>


> **** Error *************** Error *************** Error ****
> Log file for this restore is /var/log/nidp_backup_20190411_1657.log
>
>

can you supply the log file mentioned above?

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
prasenjitmass Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Could not restore AMbackup

Here is the log.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
==============================================================
C o n f i g u r a t i o n B a c k u p U t i l i t y
==============================================================
- - - - - - - - - - - Performing restore - - - - - - - - - - -
Thu Apr 11 16:58:15 IST 2019
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We are not in DHost. pid = -285482584
We are not in DHost. pid = -2044657240
Novell Import Convert Export utility for Novell eDirectory
version: 20701.30
Copyright 2000-2005 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. U.S. Patent No. 6,915,287.
Source Handler: ICE LDAP handler for Novell eDirectory (version: 20701.30 )
Destination Handler: ICE LDIF handler for Novell eDirectory (version: 20701.30 )
Start time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:18 2019

Press control-C to exit
Operation in progress ...

. .

Total entries processed: 258
Total entries failed: 0
End time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:18 2019

Total Time: 0:00:01.504
Time per entry: 00:00.005

Options Used:
-SLDAP -L ca.der -s10.2.28.73 -p636 -dcn=admin,o=novell -b u=accessManagerContainer,o=novell -c ub -DLDIF -f__recover__.ldif_pre
Novell Import Convert Export utility for Novell eDirectory
version: 20701.30
Copyright 2000-2005 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. U.S. Patent No. 6,915,287.
Source Handler: ICE LDAP handler for Novell eDirectory (version: 20701.30 )
Destination Handler: ICE LDIF handler for Novell eDirectory (version: 20701.30 )
Start time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:18 2019

Press control-C to exit
Operation in progress ...

. .

Total entries processed: 258
Total entries failed: 0
End time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:19 2019

Total Time: 0:00:01.128
Time per entry: 00:00.004

Options Used:
-SLDAP -L ca.der -s10.2.28.73 -p636 -dcn=admin,o=novell -b u=accessManagerContainer,o=novell -c ub -x -DLDIF -f__delAMContainer__.ldif_pre
Novell Import Convert Export utility for Novell eDirectory
version: 20701.30
Copyright 2000-2005 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. U.S. Patent No. 6,915,287.
Source Handler: ICE LDIF handler for Novell eDirectory (version: 20701.30 )
Destination Handler: ICE LDAP handler for Novell eDirectory (version: 20701.30 )
Start time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:19 2019

Press control-C to exit
Operation in progress ...

. .
Record 15: LBURP operation failed: 32(No such object), dn: ou=PSW-fd3a16048f6f4c45a48e4024ea16a0b28b204aa7ffd,ou=Aliases,ou=ScheduledWorkContainer,ou=Partition,ou=PartitionsContainer,ou=VCDN_Root,ou=accessManagerContainer,o=novell, matchedDN: ou=Aliases,ou=ScheduledWorkContainer,ou=Partition,ou=PartitionsContainer,ou=VCDN_Root,ou=accessManagerContainer,o=novell


Total entries processed: 258
Total entries failed: 1
End time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:19 2019

Total Time: 0:00:01.353
Time per entry: 00:00.005

Options Used:
-SLDIF -f __delAMContainer__.ldif -DLDAP -L ca.der -s10.2.28.73 -p636 -dcn=admin,o=novell
4/11/19 4:58 PM AM#201004002: Application error.
Options:
-userid cn=admin,o=novell
-pwd **********
-vcdnUser

----------------
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - NDS error: no such entry (-601)]; remaining name 'ou=kseb_dr_am_idty_dns_ap101,ou=ROMAServerContainer,ou=Partition,ou=PartitionsContainer,ou=VCDN_Root,ou=accessManagerContainer,o=novell'
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3112)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:3033)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2840)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_getAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1332)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_getAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:231)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:139)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:127)
at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:142)
at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:137)
at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.getPasswordFromXml(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.setVcdnPwds(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.work(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.main(Unknown Source)
**** Error *************** Error *************** Error ****
AM#201002009: Failed to reconfigure VCDN user objects.
FAILED to restore. Please verify
IP Address: 10.2.28.73
LDAP Port: 636
Administrator id: cn=admin,o=novell
Administrator Password:
Backup path: /root/nambkup
Backup file: kseb_dr_amidty_dns_ap101_20190325_1202
eDirectory Server:
Certificate Encryption Phrase:
**** Error *************** Error *************** Error ****
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Could not restore AMbackup

On 16-04-2019 10:14 PM, prasenjitmass wrote:
>
> Here is the log.
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ==============================================================
> C o n f i g u r a t i o n B a c k u p U t i l i t y
> ==============================================================
> - - - - - - - - - - - Performing restore - - - - - - - - - - -
> Thu Apr 11 16:58:15 IST 2019
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> We are not in DHost. pid = -285482584
> We are not in DHost. pid = -2044657240
> Novell Import Convert Export utility for Novell eDirectory
> version: 20701.30
> Copyright 2000-2005 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. U.S. Patent No.
> 6,915,287.
> Source Handler: ICE LDAP handler for Novell eDirectory (version:
> 20701.30 )
> Destination Handler: ICE LDIF handler for Novell eDirectory (version:
> 20701.30 )
> Start time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:18 2019
>
> Press control-C to exit
> Operation in progress ...
>
> . .
>
> Total entries processed: 258
> Total entries failed: 0
> End time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:18 2019
>
> Total Time: 0:00:01.504
> Time per entry: 00:00.005
>
> Options Used:
> -SLDAP -L ca.der -s10.2.28.73 -p636 -dcn=admin,o=novell
> -b u=accessManagerContainer,o=novell -c ub -DLDIF -f__recover__.ldif_pre
>
> Novell Import Convert Export utility for Novell eDirectory
> version: 20701.30
> Copyright 2000-2005 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. U.S. Patent No.
> 6,915,287.
> Source Handler: ICE LDAP handler for Novell eDirectory (version:
> 20701.30 )
> Destination Handler: ICE LDIF handler for Novell eDirectory (version:
> 20701.30 )
> Start time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:18 2019
>
> Press control-C to exit
> Operation in progress ...
>
> . .
>
> Total entries processed: 258
> Total entries failed: 0
> End time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:19 2019
>
> Total Time: 0:00:01.128
> Time per entry: 00:00.004
>
> Options Used:
> -SLDAP -L ca.der -s10.2.28.73 -p636 -dcn=admin,o=novell
> -b u=accessManagerContainer,o=novell -c ub -x -DLDIF
> -f__delAMContainer__.ldif_pre
> Novell Import Convert Export utility for Novell eDirectory
> version: 20701.30
> Copyright 2000-2005 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. U.S. Patent No.
> 6,915,287.
> Source Handler: ICE LDIF handler for Novell eDirectory (version:
> 20701.30 )
> Destination Handler: ICE LDAP handler for Novell eDirectory (version:
> 20701.30 )
> Start time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:19 2019
>
> Press control-C to exit
> Operation in progress ...
>
> . .
> Record 15: LBURP operation failed: 32(No such object), dn:
> ou=PSW-fd3a16048f6f4c45a48e4024ea16a0b28b204aa7ffd,ou=Aliases,ou=ScheduledWorkContainer,ou=Partition,ou=PartitionsContainer,ou=VCDN_Root,ou=accessManagerContainer,o=novell,
> matchedDN:
> ou=Aliases,ou=ScheduledWorkContainer,ou=Partition,ou=PartitionsContainer,ou=VCDN_Root,ou=accessManagerContainer,o=novell
>
>
>
> Total entries processed: 258
> Total entries failed: 1
> End time: Thu Apr 11 16:58:19 2019
>
> Total Time: 0:00:01.353
> Time per entry: 00:00.005
>
> Options Used:
> -SLDIF -f __delAMContainer__.ldif -DLDAP -L ca.der -s10.2.28.73 -p636
> -dcn=admin,o=novell
> 4/11/19 4:58 PM AM#201004002: Application error.
> Options:
> -userid cn=admin,o=novell
> -pwd **********
> -vcdnUser
>
> ----------------
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - NDS error: no
> such entry (-601)]; remaining name
> 'ou=kseb_dr_am_idty_dns_ap101,ou=ROMAServerContainer,ou=Partition,ou=PartitionsContainer,ou=VCDN_Root,ou=accessManagerContainer,o=novell'
> at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3112)
> at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:3033)
> at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2840)
> at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_getAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1332)
> at
> com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_getAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:231)
> at
> com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:139)
> at
> com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:127)
> at
> javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:142)
> at
> javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:137)
> at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.getPasswordFromXml(Unknown Source)
> at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.setVcdnPwds(Unknown Source)
> at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.work(Unknown Source)
> at com.novell.nids.bkuputil.Util.main(Unknown Source)
> **** Error *************** Error *************** Error ****
> AM#201002009: Failed to reconfigure VCDN user objects.
> FAILED to restore. Please verify
> IP Address: 10.2.28.73
> LDAP Port: 636
> Administrator id: cn=admin,o=novell
> Administrator Password:
> Backup path: /root/nambkup
> Backup file: kseb_dr_amidty_dns_ap101_20190325_1202
> eDirectory Server:
> Certificate Encryption Phrase:
> **** Error *************** Error *************** Error ****
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Please help.
>
>


Honestly....im not sure what the issue is here but in the past i've had challenges with restoring backups as well in my labs. Probably best to open a
SR for this one if you really need it restored. I think your vcdn container is not being restored but its not easy to troubleshoot that I think.

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
dmolinam
New Member.

Re: Could not restore AMbackup

Hello,

the same happened to me, after several attempts I decided to uninstall everything, install it again and try the backup, it worked perfect. The problem was that we were updating the version and after doing it the backup did not work anymore.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Could not restore AMbackup

On 10-05-2019 5:54 AM, dmolina wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> the same happened to me, after several attempts I decided to uninstall
> everything, install it again and try the backup, it worked perfect. The
> problem was that we were updating the version and after doing it the
> backup did not work anymore.
>
>

do you recall what version your backup was taken at and the version you tried to restore it on?

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.