oimastek
New Member.

Exception occurred setPrincipalAttributes

Dear Experts,

I'm trying to use the setPrincipalAttributes method in a custom authentication class but I'm getting exception as below.

Exception occurred setPrincipalAttributes : Attempting to modify a user store object!

According to the java class documentation at novell docs
this method should: Sets attributes for a principal that has been authenticated. But it appears this is not allowed for some reason.

The reason I'm trying this is because I would like to use this to set some attributes collected from the custom login form, so I can use them later in a SAML claim.

Any comments on this is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Exception occurred setPrincipalAttributes

On 08-05-2019 9:54 PM, oimastek wrote:
>
> Dear Experts,
>
> I'm trying to use the setPrincipalAttributes method in a custom
> authentication class but I'm getting exception as below.
>
> Exception occurred setPrincipalAttributes : Attempting to modify a user
> store object!
>
> According to the java class documentation at 'novell docs'
> (https://www.novell.com/documentation/developer/nacm32/nacm_enu/api/com/novell/nidp/authentication/local/LocalAuthenticationClass.html#setPrincipalAttributes%28java.lang.String%5b%5d,%20java.lang.String%5b%5d%29)
> this method should: Sets attributes for a principal that has been
> authenticated. But it appears this is not allowed for some reason.
>
> The reason I'm trying this is because I would like to use this to set
> some attributes collected from the custom login form, so I can use them
> later in a SAML claim.
>
> Any comments on this is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
>

has the service account rights to do this? Also, go to the IDP cluster | Liberty | click on the 'default one-to-one ldap attribute mapping'. I don't
fully understand what this mapping does but it mentions things like read-only so perhaps if your attribute is listed in here try setting it to read/write?

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.