Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Form Fill Login Failure Redirect URL and iFrames

Have a form fill and configured Form Fill Login failure to detect login and redirect to a different URL.

However as the entire Form Fill detection is applied to an embedded iFrame, the redirect also occurs within the context of the iFrame and doesn't change the browser URL.
Is there a simple way to instruct NAM that this redirect URL should apply to the actual browser URL - like a regular href with target="_top" ?
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Form Fill Login Failure Redirect URL and iFrames

On 6/18/2015 2:55 PM, Alex McHugh wrote:
> Have a form fill and configured Form Fill Login failure to detect login and redirect to a different URL.
>
> However as the entire Form Fill detection is applied to an embedded iFrame, the redirect also occurs within the context of the iFrame and doesn't change the browser URL.
> Is there a simple way to instruct NAM that this redirect URL should apply to the actual browser URL - like a regular href with target="_top" ?
>

I think your best bet would be to also have a rewrite rule or formfill javascript that busts out the iFrame by inserting the
appropriate JS to do such. Or do such on your destination page. Detection of frames and busting out is fairly googleable.

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Will Schneider
Knowledge Partner http://forums.netiq.com

If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Form Fill Login Failure Redirect URL and iFrames

Will Schneider <descent@no-mx.forums.netiq.com> wrote:

> I think your best bet would be to also have a rewrite rule or formfill
> javascript that busts out the iFrame by inserting the appropriate JS to
> do such. Or do such on your destination page. Detection of frames and
> busting out is fairly googleable.

I think form fill javascript injection is the most workable idea. Will look
into this at some point soon and report back if it works or not.

--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show
your appreciation and click on the star below...
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.