jeynon Absent Member.
Absent Member.
436 views

Installing Secondary Admin Console


Hi,

I am having a problem installing a secondary admin console. I had to
uninstall the console on the server I'm working on, and when I
re-install it I have some errors:

1. In the Setting Up The Novell Access Manager Configuration Store, I
get an error about time synchronization, but the install lets me
continue.
2. In the devman install log there is an error about ou=myservername
already existing
3. Tomcat won't start. I get errors like Context startup failed due
to previous errors and java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/var/opt/novell/novlwww/devman.keystore (No such file or directory)

Any help in resolving them would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff


--
jeynon
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jeynon's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34538
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453762

0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Installing Secondary Admin Console

jeynon wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem installing a secondary admin console. I had to
> uninstall the console on the server I'm working on, and when I
> re-install it I have some errors:
>
> 1. In the Setting Up The Novell Access Manager Configuration Store, I
> get an error about time synchronization, but the install lets me
> continue.
> 2. In the devman install log there is an error about ou=myservername
> already existing
> 3. Tomcat won't start. I get errors like Context startup failed due
> to previous errors and java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /var/opt/novell/novlwww/devman.keystore (No such file or directory)
>
> Any help in resolving them would be appreciated.


Before you reinstall the secondary admin console removing it first.
Login to iManager | Auditing | Troubleshooting

On there you'll see 'Other known device managers'. Click on remove
button for the one you want to reinstall. This should remove the
existing server object from the tree.

Also, make sure that time is in sync between the two admin consoles.

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
jeynon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Installing Secondary Admin Console


That worked. I was previously using the uninstall script but I guess
that doesn't do the exact same thing.

However, I still get the time sync message, even though time is in sync
between both servers?

Any thoughts on that?

edmaa;2184286 Wrote:
> jeynon wrote:
>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having a problem installing a secondary admin console. I had

> to
> > uninstall the console on the server I'm working on, and when I
> > re-install it I have some errors:
> >
> > 1. In the Setting Up The Novell Access Manager Configuration Store,

> I
> > get an error about time synchronization, but the install lets me
> > continue.
> > 2. In the devman install log there is an error about

> ou=myservername
> > already existing
> > 3. Tomcat won't start. I get errors like Context startup failed

> due
> > to previous errors and java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> > /var/opt/novell/novlwww/devman.keystore (No such file or directory)
> >
> > Any help in resolving them would be appreciated.

>
> Before you reinstall the secondary admin console removing it first.
> Login to iManager | Auditing | Troubleshooting
>
> On there you'll see 'Other known device managers'. Click on remove
> button for the one you want to reinstall. This should remove the
> existing server object from the tree.
>
> Also, make sure that time is in sync between the two admin consoles.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Edward



--
jeynon
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jeynon's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34538
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453762

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Installing Secondary Admin Console

jeynon wrote:

>
> That worked. I was previously using the uninstall script but I guess
> that doesn't do the exact same thing.


The uninstall script won't remove servers from the underlaying
eDirectory stuff.

> However, I still get the time sync message, even though time is in
> sync between both servers?


That's odd. What happens after the install and you do a 'ndsrepair -T'
and 'ndsrepair -E' ?


--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
jeynon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Installing Secondary Admin Console


On which server?


edmaa;2184339 Wrote:
> jeynon wrote:
>
> >
> > That worked. I was previously using the uninstall script but I

> guess
> > that doesn't do the exact same thing.

>
> The uninstall script won't remove servers from the underlaying
> eDirectory stuff.
>
> > However, I still get the time sync message, even though time is in
> > sync between both servers?

>
> That's odd. What happens after the install and you do a 'ndsrepair -T'
> and 'ndsrepair -E' ?
>
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Edward



--
jeynon
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jeynon's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34538
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453762

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Installing Secondary Admin Console

jeynon wrote:

>
> On which server?
>


both


--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
xj6u4ru6 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Installing Secondary Admin Console


hello Jeff,

Maybe you can check in your primary admin console under
Auditing>Troubleshooting>Other Known Device Manager Servers
if you see the other server (the secondary server), perhaps you can
try removing it.

I am just guessing, but it sounds like during your first install of
the secondary admin console, that server was added to your Tree (even
tho the install did not complete successfully), and that might be the
reason why you are having problem re-adding (installing) your secondary
admin console the second time.

if all else fails, and if you don't mind the trouble, you can always
start off fresh and reinstall the primary admin console.

Regards,
Jim

jeynon;2184266 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem installing a secondary admin console. I had to
> uninstall the console on the server I'm working on, and when I
> re-install it I have some errors:
>
> 1. In the Setting Up The Novell Access Manager Configuration Store, I
> get an error about time synchronization, but the install lets me
> continue.
> 2. In the devman install log there is an error about ou=myservername
> already existing
> 3. Tomcat won't start. I get errors like Context startup failed due
> to previous errors and java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /var/opt/novell/novlwww/devman.keystore (No such file or directory)
>
> Any help in resolving them would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff



--
xj6u4ru6
------------------------------------------------------------------------
xj6u4ru6's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=50569
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453762

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.