Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Migrate NAM 4.4 to NAM 4.4/4.5 on Linux

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have currently a NAM 4.4 system on several Windows 2012 server (Admin and Gateway) and I would like to migrate to Linux platform.

I wonder if I can do a kind of online migration to Linux by adding new Linux platforms in the cluster ?

With same version or different version ?

Thanks

Sylvain

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Migrate NAM 4.4 to NAM 4.4/4.5 on Linux

Jump to solution

We had validated windows to RHEL migration during access manager 4.0 release. We didn't test the migration script later but I feel this document will help because almost 90% of the steps are still valid. What we provided in the migration script was more of converting secondary admin console to primary instead of going through manual steps.

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/netiqaccessmanager4/target_mig_upgrade/data/b15derf4.html

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Do you want to move it all to Linux or is leaving the admin console on Windows ok? To move it all you need to add a Linux AC then promote it to primary. Add a secondary Linux AC and remove the windows ACs.  

To move the nodes, simply add new Linux nodes to the clusters and then retire the Windows nodes.

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, I would like to move both Admin Console and Access Gateway to Linux because I experience some instability and performance issues with Windows.

Your answer looks good, thanks.

Have you ever did it before ?

Thanks

Sylvain

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

We had validated windows to RHEL migration during access manager 4.0 release. We didn't test the migration script later but I feel this document will help because almost 90% of the steps are still valid. What we provided in the migration script was more of converting secondary admin console to primary instead of going through manual steps.

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/netiqaccessmanager4/target_mig_upgrade/data/b15derf4.html

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
I will try on a test system before production.
Thanks a lot.
Sylvain
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.