Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Mirgrate SAML2 IDP METADATA

I want to migrate old accessmanger to new instance. when I import config by Code Promotion and import certificate.but the compare  saml2 IDP metadata have some different.

So can migrate old instance saml2 metadata to new instance.

thanks for your support

0 Likes
4 Replies
ericveysey Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Mirgrate SAML2 IDP METADATA

You can definitely migrate SAML2 via Code Promotion. We just completed it, however we were using 3rd party signing certificates so we could easily transfer over the certificates.

By default the signing certificate is a self signed to the NAM instance CA. You could perhaps export the old signing certificate and root certificate import it into your new NAM. 

0 Likes

Hi

How to do? at identity server settings? add idp files? I think the IDP is auto genrate.So can provide detail info for this? thanks

0 Likes
ericveysey Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

You can either code promote the old IDP to the new one and move over the certificates, or manually recreate them. The key is the signing certificate. 

You can assign a different signing certificate in the SAML connection, although as I look on my 4.5 Appliance I see that it's not there. I know it is there on another system that has the console only.  On the Trust tab of your SAML configuration , you should be able to change the certificate. 

0 Likes

Hi Can tell
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.