lelle1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Move server to new location

Hi,

Any suggestion how to move a Access Manager (appliance) cluster to new location?
Background, customer is moving there server environment to new hostning/operation partner and every server has to be a new install. So no moving of vmware images.
Will have a fiber connection between new and old site, both sites will be running in parallel for some time
My idea is to install new AM appliance server in new site and add them to existing cluster and then when everything is tested and working removing old servers from cluster.
Are there any drawbacks with that approach?
Anybody have a better way?

/Lelle
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Move server to new location

On 07-12-2018 9:24 PM, lelle wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Any suggestion how to move a Access Manager (appliance) cluster to new
> location?
> Background, customer is moving there server environment to new
> hostning/operation partner and every server has to be a new install. So
> no moving of vmware images.
> Will have a fiber connection between new and old site, both sites will
> be running in parallel for some time
> My idea is to install new AM appliance server in new site and add them
> to existing cluster and then when everything is tested and working
> removing old servers from cluster.

That's exactly what I what do and is the only supported way really

> Are there any drawbacks with that approach?

none, just follow the procedure to promote a secondary server to become the primary which can be a little involving so perhaps go through the steps in
a lab first

> Anybody have a better way?

Nope

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.