bbrehart
New Member.

NAM 4.4 The request to provide authentication

I have been notified that we need to test TLS functionality by one of our service providers, and we access this provider through SAML2.0 through NAM. They provided a URL and I've made the necessary changes in both the Intersite Transfer Service and Metadata in SAML, but when I click the link, I receive the following error:

The request to provide authentication to a service provider has failed. (300101050-D0E422BA05D882BE)

We've already added JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS} -Dcom.novell.nidp.serverOCSPCRL=false to the tomcat.conf file from a previous bout with a similar error, yet here it is again. I'm confident that it's to do with the latter part of the error message: 300101050-D0E422BA05D882BE, but I can't find anything in the Knowledgebase about this specific error.

Anyone have any ideas?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: NAM 4.4 The request to provide authentication

On 12-06-2018 2:34 AM, bbrehart wrote:
>
> I have been notified that we need to test TLS functionality by one of
> our service providers, and we access this provider through SAML2.0
> through NAM. They provided a URL and I've made the necessary changes in
> both the Intersite Transfer Service and Metadata in SAML, but when I
> click the link, I receive the following error:
>
> The request to provide authentication to a service provider has failed.
> (300101050-D0E422BA05D882BE)
>
> We've already added -JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS}
> -Dcom.novell.nidp.serverOCSPCRL=false- to the tomcat.conf file from a
> previous bout with a similar error, yet here it is again. I'm confident
> that it's to do with the latter part of the error message:
> 300101050-*D0E422BA05D882BE*, but I can't find anything in the
> Knowledgebase about this specific error.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
>

What is the health of the IDP cluster? Can you post the health statement here? My guess is that the SP is using a self signed cert which you haven't
imported into the trusted root store and therefore the SP is offline.

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
bbrehart
New Member.

Edward,

The health of the IDP Cluster is good, but there's not much information there. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot for the health statement?
And all certificates were signed by Entrust.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 14-06-2018 4:24 AM, bbrehart wrote:
>
> Edward,
>
> The health of the IDP Cluster is good, but there's not much information
> there. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot for the health statement?
> And all certificates were signed by Entrust.
>
>

In that case, increase logging for the application and SAML2 to debug and provide a catalina.out when the issue has been replicated. A fiddler trace
would be helpful too (with https decrypted).

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
slongholio Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We had this error. We were seeing certificate errors in the health. We disabled OCSP checking, and that let it work.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.