Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Brunold Rainer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NAM TOTP login without password

Hello,

I have configured a new authentication contract that first uses the secure name/password form and then TOTP.
Works fine and the secret is stored in LDAP.

But I would prefer to have only a user id and no password being entered prior to TOTP.
By using that way I can protect users from being locked via intruder.

Is there a way to configure this ?

I can only find the radius class where i can deselect password required, but that does not help with this.

Rainer
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: NAM TOTP login without password

On 23-04-2019 10:24 PM, brunold wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have configured a new authentication contract that first uses the
> secure name/password form and then TOTP.
> Works fine and the secret is stored in LDAP.
>
> But I would prefer to have only a user id and no password being entered
> prior to TOTP.
> By using that way I can protect users from being locked via intruder.
>
> Is there a way to configure this ?
>
> I can only find the radius class where i can deselect password required,
> but that does not help with this.

out of the box, no, however, it is not overly complex to build a class that asks for a username only and then totp would be the "2nd" factor

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.