Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
749 views

Risk Based and Roles

Dear Guys,

I'm creating risk based Polices to determine Incoming IP request then further define 2 different Method for Authentication. In the same time I created Roles policy to Activate A Role when one of the Method is use. I have tested manually by having a Contract with the Method that activate that particular Role and it works. When I back to Risk based Policy, tested the policy, and it able to direct me to different method of authentication when condition applies, however when it direct me to the Method that activating that particular it just doesn't activate the Role. Could this a bug or I miss out something? I'm on 4.3 build.

My objective is to determine the incoming Request then further define Role and list the Appmark available to that Role.

Thanks
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 09-10-2018 7:34 PM, kkyen wrote:
>
> Dear Guys,
>
> I'm creating risk based Polices to determine Incoming IP request then
> further define 2 different Method for Authentication. In the same time I
> created Roles policy to Activate A Role when one of the Method is use. I
> have tested manually by having a Contract with the Method that activate
> that particular Role and it works. When I back to Risk based Policy,
> tested the policy, and it able to direct me to different method of
> authentication when condition applies, however when it direct me to the
> Method that activating that particular it just doesn't activate the
> Role. Could this a bug or I miss out something? I'm on 4.3 build.
>
> My objective is to determine the incoming Request then further define
> Role and list the Appmark available to that Role.


Somehow it wouldn't surprise me if that is a defect. What exact 4.3 build are you on?


--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

edmaa;2488564 wrote:
On 09-10-2018 7:34 PM, kkyen wrote:
>
> Dear Guys,
>
> I'm creating risk based Polices to determine Incoming IP request then
> further define 2 different Method for Authentication. In the same time I
> created Roles policy to Activate A Role when one of the Method is use. I
> have tested manually by having a Contract with the Method that activate
> that particular Role and it works. When I back to Risk based Policy,
> tested the policy, and it able to direct me to different method of
> authentication when condition applies, however when it direct me to the
> Method that activating that particular it just doesn't activate the
> Role. Could this a bug or I miss out something? I'm on 4.3 build.
>
> My objective is to determine the incoming Request then further define
> Role and list the Appmark available to that Role.


Somehow it wouldn't surprise me if that is a defect. What exact 4.3 build are you on?


--
Cheers,
Edward


I tried again in this scenario with 4.4 build and it return the same result, wonder why the Authentication Method from Risk Based Policy don't activate the Roles, any thoughts? Thx
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 10-10-2018 11:34 PM, kkyen wrote:
>
> edmaa;2488564 Wrote:
>> On 09-10-2018 7:34 PM, kkyen wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Guys,
>>>
>>> I'm creating risk based Polices to determine Incoming IP request then
>>> further define 2 different Method for Authentication. In the same time

>> I
>>> created Roles policy to Activate A Role when one of the Method is use.

>> I
>>> have tested manually by having a Contract with the Method that

>> activate
>>> that particular Role and it works. When I back to Risk based Policy,
>>> tested the policy, and it able to direct me to different method of
>>> authentication when condition applies, however when it direct me to

>> the
>>> Method that activating that particular it just doesn't activate the
>>> Role. Could this a bug or I miss out something? I'm on 4.3 build.
>>>
>>> My objective is to determine the incoming Request then further define
>>> Role and list the Appmark available to that Role.

>>
>> Somehow it wouldn't surprise me if that is a defect. What exact 4.3
>> build are you on?
>>
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Edward

>
> I tried again in this scenario with 4.4 build and it return the same
> result, wonder why the Authentication Method from Risk Based Policy
> don't activate the Roles, any thoughts? Thx
>
>


Let me see if I can dupe this in my 4.4 lab i have

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Edward
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.