ashmoore Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Updating NAM 4.5 Appliance with SMT

Just built a pair of NAM 4.5 appliances in a cluster for test.
Thought I'd better update them so added the nice new AM-AG-Appliance-4.5-OS (& Product) to our SMT server.
Everything replicated nicely to the SMT server.

I've added the NAM appliances to SMT but noticed that they both selected the NAM42-APP-Updates repository which is a SLES11 repository.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks
Mike

-----x==---x===----- I used to be an eagle......
0 Likes
4 Replies
ashmoore Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Updating NAM 4.5 Appliance with SMT

wow - just realized that the last person to post about patching NAM with SMT was me - four years ago :rolleyes:
That would explain why nothing has changed then 😉

0 Likes
ashmoore Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK - moment of stupidity on my part
For NAM 4.5
The Access Manager Appliance really SLE11 just like the previous versions
However
The Access Gateway Appliance is now an OVF for SLE12
So my Manager appliances getting SLE11 is working as expected/designed 🙂

Honestly can't wait for the various NAM appliances to start using the same appliance form of iPrint/Filer/ZCM etc

0 Likes
SLong Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

We're having same issue, but with Analytics appliance.  What was the fix?

0 Likes
Michael Ashton- Contributor.
Contributor.

it wasn't broken. It wasn't working because I was expecting the NAM Appliance to be SLES12.

Only the gateway appliance is sles12.

The reporting server is patched from the same repository as the NAM appliance, NAM42-APP-Updates

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.