sma2006 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Upgrade, migrate Access Manager 4.4 to Windows 2016

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm quite new to Access Manager and I must upgrade the current production system version 4.4.3 running on Windows 2012R2 to version 4.5.

According to the doc, the Windows requirements for AM 4.5 is Windows 2016. 

Here are the steps I imagine doing the migration/upgrade:

1) Upgrade current Access Manager nodes to AM 4.4.4

2) Add new Windows 2016 nodes in the Access Manager cluster with Access Managers version 4.4.4

3) Remove old Windows 2012R2 nodes

4) Upgrade all Access Manager 4.4.4 nodes to 4.5 

Maybe I can install the new node directly with AM 4.5 ?

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Upgrade, migrate Access Manager 4.4 to Windows 2016

Jump to solution

I doubt you can add a 4.5 admin console as a secondary to a 4.4 environment. My guess is that 4.5 will probably work on 2012 but it just hasn't been tested officially so, if you are up for it, you could consider trying to upgrade the AMC to 4.5 first and then add your new 4.5 admin console running on 2016.

3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

I doubt you can add a 4.5 admin console as a secondary to a 4.4 environment. My guess is that 4.5 will probably work on 2012 but it just hasn't been tested officially so, if you are up for it, you could consider trying to upgrade the AMC to 4.5 first and then add your new 4.5 admin console running on 2016.

sma2006 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Sylvain

0 Likes
SLong Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

I don't do Windows, but what if you upgraded your existing admin consoles from 2012 to 2016, then upgraded NAM to 4.5?  I think all that really happens is the install script checks versions.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.