Product Announcement for AccuRev 7.2 and AccuRev Integrations
AccuRev 7.2 has officially been released. The biggest impact for this release is the Native Git Client which was released as an early BETA at the end of last year. We had received invaluable feedback from a number of customers that was fed into the final release. We will continue to enhance our Git Client over the coming releases. With this release, customers who have Git today, can seamlessly integrate those users with AccuRev depots without causing any disruption with existing policies and practices or requiring any training, configuration or separate installation. Your Git users will be able to experience all the benefits you have entrusted with AccuRev such as:
- Governance and compliance across your users and repositories
- Auditability (history is 100% immutable)
- Policy Management / Issue Enforcement (i.e. Change Packages)
- Ability to centrally manage users, repositories and fine-grained access controls
There are a number of features in AccuRev 7.2 that were a result of the direct customer input from the previous AccuRev CAB. We will continue to build new features into our products based on direct customer feedback from the CABs. If you would like to attend a future CAB, please reach out to your respective Micro Focus Account Team or reach out to the AccuRev Product Manager, Jimmy O’Rourke (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Tim Flynn (email@example.com), Manager of Customer Advocacy.
This release has many features and bug fixes. For a complete list of details for each of the fixes and feature enhancements, please review the Installation and Release Notes: https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/accurev/72/AccuRev_Install_Release_Notes.pdf
Below is a small list of the High Level Themes addressed in AccuRev 7.2:
Native Git Client:
- The new Native Git Client works with Git commands to interact with the AccuRev server
- The client is invoked via the Git command line or via third-party Git GUI applications
- Git users work within an existing AccuRev infrastructure to pull and push changes from an AccuRev stream, just as the AccuRev GUI and command line client work with update and promote commands.
- With the new Native Git Client, there is no separate installation or configuration changes to the existing AccuRev server to use the AccuRev Git Client.
- The new Native Git Client works in conjunction with all existing AccuRev processes, such as Change Packages as well as all triggers, ACL, EACL, locks, and user access
- For more details please view the pdf document in the /doc/ directory (installed by the AccuRev client-only installer).
Calculated Timespan Field:
- The new field dynamically calculates the time difference either between two timestamp fields or between a timestamp field and the current time.
- Such a field can be viewed and used in issues, active issues tables, issue queries and results, validation conditions and actions, and workflow conditions.
- The Timespan field type can be used to define either an “editable timespan” field or a “calculated timespan” field in the schema editor.
AccuRev Client Enhancements:
- (subtwin) Element Status: A new status type, an element has (subtwin) status if one of the directories in its path has (twin) status
- Update Workspace and (member)(overlap) Files: The Update operation has been expanded to support merging of files with (member)(overlap) status after the update has completed.
- “Diff Against” Dropdown Menu in Outgoing Mode: The Diff Against menu allows you to choose which version you want to diff your changes against in the Diff pane. The choices are: Basis, Backed and Most Recent.
- Merge GUI: Selecting Multiple Sources: The Merge tool now supports a more convenient way to include changes from multiple sources in a conflict section
AccuRev Plug-In for Visual Studio 2018.1:
- More than 20 bug fixes and enhancements were addressed in this latest plugin. Please refer to the Install and Release Notes for details on What’s New.
- The AccuRev Plug-in for Visual Studio is available from SupportLine as well as from the Microsoft Marketplace website at: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=MicroFocusInternationalplc.AccuRevVisualStudioPlugin
AccuRev Plug-In for Jenkins 0.7.16:
- There were several customer RPIs addressed in this latest release. Please visit the community page to read the full details.
- The AccuRev Plug-In for Jenkins 0.7.16 remains as a community developed plugin. Users can download the plugin, as well as raise issues and contribute to the development of the plugin here: https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/AccuRev+Plugin
For a complete list of all the new features and bug fixes in AccuRev 7.2, please refer to the Release Notes: https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/accurev/72/AccuRev_Install_Release_Notes.pdf Please also visit our Community Site for period updates: https://community.microfocus.com/borland/managetrack/accurev/
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.